Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Website feedback thread

NumbDutsNumbDuts
LawBreakers Rep: 1,660
edited January 29 in Off Topic Discussion
Hello.
Are you going to be putting a 'Website Issues/Feedback' category anywhere?

Also, I want to report feedback.
I would like to be able to view a thread with more than just 10 posts per page. Maybe options with 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 posts per page?
And, I would like the option to be able to change the background color for posts, so they can be easier to read, or easier on the eyes (eye strain).

Thanks!
You peepz are still the best!

Edit:
I was also wondering how the Reputation works in this forum (not that I am a Rep Hound or anything, I just noticed a few minutes ago) ? I have 40 posts, 5 threads I started, and I have 845 Rep. I saw someone else with 2 posts, no started threads, and they have more than 700 Rep.
Does posting in the Alpha Feedback section add to your rep at all? What qualifies you having higher rep points?
Not a big deal, I was just wondering.

Comments

• NumbDutsNumbDuts
    Just thought of another website issue:
    The quotes here really needs some work.
    I have to read everything in a post to see what is new content or not.
    Usually websites have the quotes from others in a box around their text.
    Here, I see no box around any quotes.
    :(
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    LawBreakers Rep: 8,065
    edited January 31
    We actually just fixed the quoting today (about 30 min ago from this post), as we had been doing a re-work on it. See this post as an example.
    NumbDuts wrote: »
    Just thought of another website issue:<br />
    The quotes here really needs some work.<br />
    I have to read everything in a post to see what is new content or not.<br />
    Usually websites have the quotes from others in a box around their text.<br />
    Here, I see no box around any quotes.<br />
    :(

With regard to rep, it's generally tied to your individual threads, posts, and the number of Likes / Insightfuls you have. I can put together a general breakdown of how rep is accrued, but at this point, rep generally doesn't have anything tied to it other than a number. That of course could change in the future.
    MissMurderKedgieAeverlon
  • NumbDutsNumbDuts
    Thanks, for both answers.
    Yeah, like I said, I am not a rep-hound, I just wondered about that since I visited a couple peoples user cp's, just to see what threads they had posted in to see their posts because they were very helpful in the 1 post I saw them in, and noticed that they both had high rep's for their post count. But, now it makes sense, that they probably had a lot of likes and/or insights.
  • KedgieKedgie
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,740
    Not sure how much you checked out the rep, but there are achievements and such that get you 100 rep points each. On top of that, each like on a post is worth (I think) 10 rep as well as each insightful. Or it also might be 5 and 10 or 10 and 15 respectively honestly cant remember. I think once the forums liven up it'll be a good indicator of forum activity but in these early days its just been a friendly competition between me, Rob, and El that really doesn't mean much. And really the top weekly score means more than the top overall anyway. Hope that answers something (:
  • NumbDutsNumbDuts
    OK, I have another forum issue:
    When you use 1. (text), then use Enter to go to next line, it automatically inserts a '2.' which is great.
    What isnt so great is that when you do something like +1 (text), it will automatically put a '+' in the next line down.
    I havent tested for other special characters, but shouldnt that be limited to numbers and maybe bullet points?
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    LawBreakers Rep: 8,065
    NumbDuts wrote: »
    OK, I have another forum issue:
    When you use 1. (text), then use Enter to go to next line, it automatically inserts a '2.' which is great.
    What isnt so great is that when you do something like +1 (text), it will automatically put a '+' in the next line down.
    I havent tested for other special characters, but shouldnt that be limited to numbers and maybe bullet points?

I'll take a look at this and see if we can correct it in a future update. We have a few more tweaks to make to this new WYSIWYG system.