Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Controllers On PC

MaximumExtremeMaximumExtreme
LawBreakers Rep: 100
in General PC Discussion
I know its not ideal to use a controller on pc for this game but I just can't get used to keyboard and mouse. I know this game supports controllers but last night I was having trouble with my PS4 controller. It worked fine on the main title screen and character selection screen but when I was in the actual game it would not work at all. after it didn't work I decided to switch to my Xbox Elite controller and it worked great except I couldn't use the D-Pad to select anything. I could only use the thumb sticks to make a selection but all the other button controls worked great. Has anybody who uses a controller experienced this at all? I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I made sure each controller had the right driver pack installed and also checked settings in Steam and the in game settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jacob_armitagejacob_armitage
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,000
    edited August 11
    I'm afraid i can't help you with your specific issue, but it has been said that controllers are supported on PC just without Auto-aim like on consoles.
  • BKP_VidiousBKP_Vidious
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,200
    Boss Key
    I know its not ideal to use a controller on pc for this game but I just can't get used to keyboard and mouse. I know this game supports controllers but last night I was having trouble with my PS4 controller. It worked fine on the main title screen and character selection screen but when I was in the actual game it would not work at all. after it didn't work I decided to switch to my Xbox Elite controller and it worked great except I couldn't use the D-Pad to select anything. I could only use the thumb sticks to make a selection but all the other button controls worked great. Has anybody who uses a controller experienced this at all? I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I made sure each controller had the right driver pack installed and also checked settings in Steam and the in game settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hello MaximumExtreme,

We hear you! The game launched with a set of known issues which can be found here.

Currently, non-steam controllers may not have full support in big picture mode on PC.

However, if you'd like to use the PS4 controller immediately. There's a way to do it! You can run a small driver that sees PS4 input on PC for the game to use.

For example, DS4 Windows is a minimally intrusive controller input conversion tool that allows you turn click one button to turn controller input on and off.

Please keep in mind that Boss Key and Nexon have no control over third party software that you might use for controllers. So successful input may depend on the option you choose.

There will always be improvements coming to the game in the future. Sorry you are having trouble with this!

I hope that helps alleviate the use of controllers until we can
    bkp_heptad
  • MaximumExtremeMaximumExtreme
    LawBreakers Rep: 100

Hello MaximumExtreme,

We hear you! The game launched with a set of known issues which can be found here.

Currently, non-steam controllers may not have full support in big picture mode on PC.

However, if you'd like to use the PS4 controller immediately. There's a way to do it! You can run a small driver that sees PS4 input on PC for the game to use.

For example, DS4 Windows is a minimally intrusive controller input conversion tool that allows you turn click one button to turn controller input on and off.

Please keep in mind that Boss Key and Nexon have no control over third party software that you might use for controllers. So successful input may depend on the option you choose.

There will always be improvements coming to the game in the future. Sorry you are having trouble with this!

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely try the DS4 Windows app. What about the Xbox Elite controller though? All the buttons work fine except for the d-pad. Is there anyway I can get the d-pad to work?

• BKP_VidiousBKP_Vidious
    Boss Key
    edited August 18
    @MaximumExtreme

Just to clarify, what are you wanting to use the D-pad for? In-game movement, selecting stuff in menus? Something else?

I'll look into the functions and see what's up.

I know there are presets for controllers, just curious about how you use it. :)
  • RobocopIsBackRobocopIsBack
    LawBreakers Rep: 590

Hello MaximumExtreme,

While we are on the subject of improving controller support. Have you guys seen this thread? I think these issues warrant developer attention ASAP.
  • BKP_VidiousBKP_Vidious
    Boss Key
    While we are on the subject of improving controller support. Have you guys seen this thread? I think these issues warrant developer attention ASAP.

Yes we have. ;) Thank you

Thank you for acknowledging it. People were getting impatient in that thread, but only because they're passionate about LawBreakers.

If you developers have any questions or need more details from us console players feel free to post on that thread or ask @Desert_Punk, who I believe will be happy to help. We're in this together.
  • BKP_VidiousBKP_Vidious
    Boss Key

Thank you for acknowledging it. People were getting impatient in that thread, but only because they're passionate about LawBreakers.

If you developers have any questions or need more details from us console players feel free to post on that thread or ask @Desert_Punk, who I believe will be happy to help. We're in this together.

Glad I could at least acknowledge it. We may not always have the time to respond to every thread. But we are keeping our eyes and ears on our community. We are tracking everyone's feedback from as many sources as possible, including here of course.

I can't share too much about our plans, but just know that we're working top priority on improvements as best we can. And community feedback weighs heavily in that prioritization.

Keep the info coming!
    edited August 24

Glad I could at least acknowledge it. We may not always have the time to respond to every thread. But we are keeping our eyes and ears on our community. We are tracking everyone's feedback from as many sources as possible, including here of course.

I can't share too much about our plans, but just know that we're working top priority on improvements as best we can. And community feedback weighs heavily in that prioritization.

Keep the info coming!

Good to know. I also just watched your latest Rapid Fire Dev Update, which shows you listen to your community.

Just a small tip: it would be nice to see a mention about something console-specific on these updates once in a while -- a small nod to the console crowd would go a long way.
  • BKP_VidiousBKP_Vidious
    Boss Key
    edited September 13

Good to know. I also just watched your latest Rapid Fire Dev Update, which shows you listen to your community.

Just a small tip: it would be nice to see a mention about something console-specific on these updates once in a while -- a small nod to the console crowd would go a long way.

We have patch notes written for PC and PS4 separately.

Most of the updates do in-fact apply equally to both platforms, as some PC players plug in controllers and use the same settings as console players.

What kind of nod did you have in mind? Always open to cool ideas.

Here are the patch notes for PS4 with Patch 1.3

http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/12642/ps4-patch-notes-1-3