Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Colorblind Filter for player names, HUD elements

ElitistPoolGuyElitistPoolGuy
LawBreakers Rep: 310
in General PC Discussion
I have difficulty seeing red objects/text in games like this, I'm sure there are others with similar issues, as colorblindness affects about 5% of men. Would be nice to be able to customize the colors to better suit our eyes.
Iskaldt

Comments

• bkp_heptadbkp_heptad
    LawBreakers Rep: 450
    Boss Key
    edited August 11
    Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear you've been having this issue in the game. :/ This is on our radar. In the meanwhile, what were any specific gameplay things that were particularly confusing/difficult to see?

edit: other gameplay stuff aside from player names and hud, of course
  • NumbDutsNumbDuts
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,660
    I have brought this up since alpha testing (I am both red and green colorblind).
    It is very hard to see who is on your team and who is on the opposing tea.
    I have proposed several ideas to handle this in-game (I wont re-write the mass that I have 3 times now, so you can check my posts about it in alpha and beta issues. I offer both problems and mutliple solutions for those problems).
    Its hard to tell if the enemy is taking damage or not.
    Its hard to see enemies against some backgrounds.
    And, the OP's original issue of names.

Either the people in yellow here did not convey the issues to Bosskey, or Bosskey has either chosen to ignore it or it fell through the cracks.
    I prefer to think its the latter, that it fell through the cracks.
    ;)
  • IskaldtIskaldt
    LawBreakers Rep: 520
    Please for the love of all that is holy. ADD COLORBLIND MODES. or atleast change the Red enemy color to something more visible...i love this game so much. but i am having serious issues tracking my enemies due to the red color blending in to much with the enviroment... especially when in melee range. its pissing me off during games
  • NumbDutsNumbDuts
    Quoted from just 1 of my posts:

[quote\
    10. I forgot to add my staple: Colorblind mode. Others have asked in other threads to be able to change the color of at least the enemy name. I would like to change pieces of their clothing also (this fits in with the skins and weapon skins I think). Not ALL their clothing, as that would be ridiculous, but just parts of their colors, like boots, belt, scarf/collar/shoulderpads, and any pieces in the hair/hat area where it isnt dominant. This would allow lots of colorblind people, or just people who want to change the look of the enemies, change them. It could be a good 'customization' PR type effect at the least, that not many games have. It would be helping your playerbase at most.
    11. [\quote]

Again, I have posted about colorblind mode in lots of my alpha/beta feedback threads, or in others posts, about the colorblind issues.
    Background 'noise' being red and green, with players being red and or green.
    Getting shot and the screen going red, then trying to hunt down an enemy who is shooting you who is red.

And, a lot more than just those few issues, can be abated by letting players choose their opponnents color, name color, or parts and pieces.
  • IskaldtIskaldt
    As there are many types of colorblind. personally i just need the enemy outline and healthbar to be a brighter color. or be able to choose a variation on colors like green-yellow-bright orange for example. cant really go overboard with the requests. i played a couple games yesterday and met another person who was colorblind. he also has problems tracking and seeing enemies due to the red color + enviroment background. the worst maps for me are the night ones. and some maps are worse than others :)
  • IskaldtIskaldt
    Please for the love of all that is holy. ADD COLORBLIND MODES. or atleast change the Red enemy color to something more visible...i love this game so much. but i am having serious issues tracking my enemies due to the red color blending in to much with the enviroment... especially when in melee range. its pissing me off during games when i cant even see my enemies.. :(
  • NumbDutsNumbDuts
    Wolfenstein II is doing it up right!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/10/23/wolfenstein-2-pc-system-requirements/#more-487511
    On top of that they’ve included colourblind modes for Protanopia, Deuteranopia and Tritanopia, which jigger with objective markers and crosshairs and so forth. You can see all the rest of the technochat in the post on the game’s official site.
    ;)