Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Class Limitation?

Rendy_GamingRendy_Gaming
LawBreakers Rep: 200
edited August 10 in General PlayStation 4 Discussion
So i was wondering if it would be a good idea to force players into playing the other classes by limiting each class choice to 1 per player. I played a game of only wraiths on the other team. Has the LB team considered or tested this change before?

I know giving the player the choice to use whoever they want is great and all but imo it would be great for the game to force the players to not stick with one class and force them to learn how to play with the other classes also.

If not for quickplay then maybe implement that change in a ranked playlist ( if we do end up getting one later)
  1. Would you guys welcome this change?5 votes
    1. Yes
       60% (3 votes)
    2. No
       40% (2 votes)

Comments

• jacob_armitagejacob_armitage
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,000
    edited August 10
    I'd actually be a fan of 2 of each class as max for casual, and perhaps just 1 for the eventual ranked. I'm still of the opinion that a well played balanced team trumps a role stacked team though.
    Quexlaw
  • BKP_WilkBKP_Wilk
    LawBreakers Rep: 560
    Boss Key
    Right now, we do currently have 1 hero limit as a custom game option. We still have some work to do to make the in-game UI feedback of "that class is unavailable to play" much cleaner to implement it into quickmatch.

For launch, we didn't want to limit anyone's experience from being able to try out whatever role they wanted and see if 3/4/5 stacking would be something the community liked or disliked. As the game evolves in the near future if this is something our players want (and there are plenty of feedback threads already indicating it is), then we will prioritize its development.

Thanks for playing and giving us feedback!
    seraphmageFirefighter887
  • QuexlawQuexlaw
    LawBreakers Rep: 230
    I actually think a limit for two in every mode (aside from custom modes obviously) should be the norm.
    This isn't Dota 2 with its 100+ heroes, nor is it Overwatch with its (already pretty limited) pool of ~20 characters.

This game wants to be competitive, and in my opinion it definitely has the potential.
    There are also some modes that would be great for competitive, such as Blitzball. It can use roles to its utmost effect, such as having a "striker" in the Wraith, a Juggernaut in the defense etc.
    However, with only one role per team we'd end up using over 50% of all roles in every single team! Even in your enemy team!
    It would almost be as if drafting made no difference at all, because there simply is no drafting variety.

With two roles per team, you could still draft very interesting combinations. Dual juggernaut for great defense and dual Wraiths for risky and unguarded rushes, with a Gunslinger acting as support in every scenario.
    Or a sustain-focused team that uses two Medics. etc.

This would also allow for future characters to be added in, because ultimately, it would be nicer to play two different Gunslingers in the same team than have two Fausts.

So in short: 1 Role per Team would be too limiting, no restrictions result in troll fests. Make it two per team.
    jacob_armitage
  • MercBerserkMercBerserk
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,820
    edited August 10
    Absolutely not. In order for them to do that, they would need to triple the amount of roles . I know if they do this in its current state, I won't be playing it any longer. Everyone wants to implement OW rules but it is not the same game, it is not rock papers scissors. Besides, look at the amount of Hero's OW has. At best, limit a max of 3 per team but anymore than that would be deal killer for me. Even with the amount of Hero's in OW, look at the level of toxicity in that game due to people picking Hero's others want, one of the reasons I stopped playing that game, it was a bunch of whiny turds crying cause they couldn't use their Hero and when they weren't whining about that they were crying nerf this, nerf that. Most forums become very toxic in competitive games but that community is the worse I have seen when it comes to toxicity.
  • Sci0nSci0n
    LawBreakers Rep: 520
    Absolutely not. In order for them to do that, they would need to triple the amount of roles . I know if they do this in its current state, I won't be playing it any longer. Everyone wants to implement OW rules but it is not the same game, it is not rock papers scissors. Besides, look at the amount of Hero's OW has. At best, limit a max of 3 per team but anymore than that would be deal killer for me. Even with the amount of Hero's in OW, look at the level of toxicity in that game due to people picking Hero's others want, one of the reasons I stopped playing that game, it was a bunch of whiny turds crying cause they couldn't use their Hero and when they weren't whining about that they were crying nerf this, nerf that. Most forums become very toxic in competitive games but that community is the worse I have seen when it comes to toxicity.

Well this is one reason why it isnt selling or has a high player base as people dont want a stacked team, as in blitz ball if you have 3 Wraiths and 2 Assassins then how can you keep up?!

sorry the game is very unbalanced in ertain games modes, The devs know this this is why the wont restrict it as they know to do so will require a lot of work.

• MercBerserkMercBerserk
    edited August 10
    Sci0n wrote: »

Well this is one reason why it isnt selling or has a high player base as people dont want a stacked team, as in blitz ball if you have 3 Wraiths and 2 Assassins then how can you keep up?!

sorry the game is very unbalanced in ertain games modes, The devs know this this is why the wont restrict it as they know to do so will require a lot of work.

I have yet to see a stacked team that is a problem and that is not why it isn't selling. If you have proof of that besides what maybe some of your friends said, than would love to see it. Answer to your question, equip 3 Wraiths and 2 Assassins, even steven. There is not imbalances cause both teams can stack equally balancing the game out than it just comes down to who plays together better and individual skill.

Actually just came out of a game kind of like you used as an example. Opponents had 3 Wraith and Assassin and Enforcer. We had Harrier, Wraith, Enforcer, Vanguard and Gunslinger in a game of Occupy and we wrecked them. Stacking doesn't make a team OP, it's the players knowing how to play those roles that make them OP.
  • Angry_LazAngry_Laz
    LawBreakers Rep: 200
    What I worry about mostly is that if you were to limit it to one class each there would be a ton of people joining games and then insta locking what they want to play, followed by anyone else who wanted to play that class quitting the match. Overwatch has this problem in quick play every time a new hero releases and you end up waiting forever to get a full game going.
  • MercBerserkMercBerserk
    Angry_Laz wrote: »
    What I worry about mostly is that if you were to limit it to one class each there would be a ton of people joining games and then insta locking what they want to play, followed by anyone else who wanted to play that class quitting the match. Overwatch has this problem in quick play every time a new hero releases and you end up waiting forever to get a full game going.

Yes and if they don't quit they will throw and than you get a bunch of whiny turd sending hate messages telling them they suck with that role. I think we just have too many Overwatch players playing this game, they want the same exact rules and the game is so different.
  • 1nn3rSPACE1nn3rSPACE
    LawBreakers Rep: 460
    Yeah, this game being balanced the way it is means there's about zero need for stack limits, at least beyond 3-stack, or possibly 2-stack, although 2-stack seems unnecessary - Wraith , Assassin, and to a lesser extent Gunslinger (although Gunslinger stacks don't really work out so well), are all stronger in stacks, but not so much stronger that it breaks any of the metagame. Overwatch is, as stated earlier, just Rock-Paper-Scissors when it comes to the matchups, and that level of simplicity means it's easy for a good stack strategy to break the meta. Here, the only thing stack-locking will accomplish is making a pretty big instalock problem