Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

PS4 still has some frame rate issues.

JeefJeef
LawBreakers Rep: 535
Firstly, thank you BKP for responding to the initial hitching issue so quickly. As a result I have purchased the game and I'm really enjoying it. I know you guys were working around the clock to get the issue fixed and I really appreciate the hard work.

However, I am still getting the same frame rate issues that were present in the beta (the game will drop a few frames occasionally). Im not exactly sure what could be causing this but some have speculated that frame drops are most likely to occur during big fights/when there is a lot going on at once. I know you guys are busy but I would love to see this resolved so we could get a constant 60fps on console. I'm playing on the original PS4.

Thanks!
  1. Are you still experiencing frame rate issues (e.g. dropped frames, stutter, etc.)?20 votes
    1. Yes
       85% (17 votes)
    2. No
       15% (3 votes)

Comments

• KrylonBlueKrylonBlue
    LawBreakers Rep: 630
    edited August 10
    I voted no because nothing noticeable happens. I’ve seen an occasional stutter but it’s always when I spawn and not in battle so I don’t count that. But I’m on a PS4 Pro so I can’t speak for the normal PS4.

Hopefully it’s fixed soon if it’s noticable for you. I generally notice even the smallest drop but it’s quite possible that I’m having so much fun that I’ve ignored it. I’ll keep an eye out and report back if I notice something next time I play.
  • jacob_armitagejacob_armitage
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,000
    edited August 10
    I would hopefully expect further performance and stability updates to come, though i think its definitely in a slight more than acceptable state currently.
  • DiaboloDiabolo
    LawBreakers Rep: 670
    edited August 10
    I agree.
    It's far better now that the microfreeze issue has been almost completely solved but I think that was a network problem.
    On the other hand, frame drops are certainly a problem due to the graphic engine and a lack of optimization on PS4 classic.
    In addition to the occasionnal frame drops that occur when action is intense, especially while jumping in 0g zones, there is too much aliasing and it also affects the experience confort.
    I hope devs will manage to smoothen the framerate and graphic display as well as it is on other multiplayer FPS like Overwatch, Doom or Titanfall 2.
    Also, the class selection page has still a microfreezing problem and the sticker list is very hard to browse since when I touch the pad to scroll down it always skips a few lines.
    Geez, it took me 5 minutes to select my holo-Kevin sticker last time ! :D
    The developers have said that their current priority is stability and performance, and that we can expect better refinement to systems such as the stickers as they continue to work on the game.

Its games as a service, and I think they've built a solid enough foundation to build off.
  • JeefJeef
    edited August 11
    I agree with everything you've said Diabolo.

Hopefully further refinement does come in the near future. Like Jacob said, they have built a solid foundation and now it's all about building on that foundation.
    jacob_armitage
  • BrittalityBrittality
    LawBreakers Rep: 4,405
    Member, Boss Key
    edited August 11
    We will definitely be continuing our optimizations for both PC and PS4. Our programmers and engineers can definitely provide more insight on this subject, but just wanted to let you guys know.
    jacob_armitageJeefdididrewthatH3art_Th13f
  • ZunairZunair
    LawBreakers Rep: 460
    I'm still getting frame drops, quite lower than before. it's random is anyone else facing this issue after the latest patch.
    Beta was super smooth :(
    LawMaker
    My play experience has been on par with the beta, since 1.04 dropped at least.
  • 4XXXXL4XXXXL
    LawBreakers Rep: 410
    edited August 11
    I was under impression patch 1.04 was suppose to fix this. Bought the game still experiencing hitching on PS4 Pro with 75/15 Mbps wired connection.
  • JeefJeef
    Brittality wrote: »
    We will definitely be continuing our optimizations for both PC and PS4. Our programmers and engineers can definitely provide more insight on this subject, but just wanted to let you guys know.

Thanks for the reply! Keep up the hard work!
  • Slimanus13Slimanus13
    LawBreakers Rep: 665
    I play on ps4 pro and the only real frame drops I see are on players rag doll bodies after they die. That's about it.
  • TREXXTREXX
    LawBreakers Rep: 695
    Everbody has ps4 pro. Envy.
  • DiaboloDiabolo
    LawBreakers Rep: 670
    Hey guys, I just replaced my old PS4 with the Pro version ! B)
    Now LawBreakers runs at a smooth 60 fps framerate and it feels so good to speed up and chase the objective with the Vanguard or jump in 0g zones without this annoying blurry display !
    It's almost perfect on this side, very few noticeable freezes or frame drops if any.
    However I can still see noticeable aliasing on my 1080p screen so yeah, it would be nice if you manage to find a trick to soften those shiny thin lines.

By the way, I got 3 loot boxes when I launched the game today… is there anything special I missed ? Daily reward maybe ?

Seriously, this game is pure fun. I love it ! <3
    H3art_Th13f
  • KrylonBlueKrylonBlue
    LawBreakers Rep: 630
    DigitalFoundry did an updated video on this. It looks like the PS4 Pro holds 60FPS most of the time with a few small dips but nothing too earth shattering. The standard PS4 drops to about 30FPS in certain scenarios which is a huge drop.

Jeef
  • JeefJeef
    Thanks for providing some video evidence! Hopefully this helps the Devs identify the root of the problem.
    KrylonBlue
  • 4XXXXL4XXXXL
    LawBreakers Rep: 410
  • RobocopIsBackRobocopIsBack
    LawBreakers Rep: 590
    The performance on the regular PS4 is nothing short of a disgrace. You can clearly tell the developers not only ported the game into console late during development but also tested only on PS4 Pro. If this was Horizon Zero Dawn graphics I would understand but the graphics are nothing special and there is no reason why the regular PS4 shouldn't run the game at a steady 60FPS.
  • H3art_Th13fH3art_Th13f
    LawBreakers Rep: 970
    The performance on the regular PS4 is nothing short of a disgrace. You can clearly tell the developers not only ported the game into console late during development but also tested only on PS4 Pro. If this was Horizon Zero Dawn graphics I would understand but the graphics are nothing special and there is no reason why the regular PS4 shouldn't run the game at a steady 60FPS.

60 or 30 but consistency is my gripe.