Welcome to the LawBreakers Forums!

MMR Question

ShawnHalogenShawnHalogen
LawBreakers Rep: 1,050
in General PC Discussion
What factors are considered for this? Is KD the primary way to improve this?

If that's the case, I'm done with BM for a little while.

Comments

• KangaJooKangaJoo
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,925
    edited August 9
    No, winning and "individual performance" (which I assume is a combination of your score per minute, kdr, and maybe some other factors) are the biggest factors. From what I last heard, winning/losing determines whether or not you'll gain or lose points while your individual performance is used to scale how many points you lose or gain. In other words you can't gain points when you lose, but if you play well while losing your mmr rating won't decrease as much. They also take how long you were in the match into account so you won't lose any points really if you join the losing team 5 seconds before the game ends.
  • ShawnHalogenShawnHalogen
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,050
    If that's how it works, then when my team wins, I probably don't gain that many points and when I lose, I probably lose a lot of points. My score and kd will always be low as a medic. Occasionally, the stars align and I'm able to put up a decent score compared to the rest of my team, but these games are much less frequent. Even when my team 'stomps' the other, my score is weak.

I'm not trying to be that guy who only cares about mmr/elo (I would much rather boast about my win %), but I would like to play with more experienced players in my games. I feel that being a BM main is doing the opposite. I know it's still really early for the matchmaking system to be completely accurate, but in the future I'd like to be matched appropriately, and this role won't help in that regard.
  • KangaJooKangaJoo
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,925
    Medics usually have the top score lol. You'll normally bottom frag as medic but if you're doing your job right you should still get really high scores.
  • BKP_WilkBKP_Wilk
    LawBreakers Rep: 540
    Boss Key
    Excerpt from the Open BETA Patch Notes found here: http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/2606/pc-open-beta-patch-notes-known-issues
    This was the last adjustment we made to MMR logic and is what is currently active. We are currently developing more improvements as well.

"This patch aims to improve two main issues:
    - Queue times at low and high tier MMR (matchmaking skill rating) or in certain regions could be too long
    - Matches were often unbalanced

* Maximum MMR window in queue is separated per region
    Matchmaking tries to match players together based on their MMR. Each player's acceptable MMR range expands over time while in queue to maximize chances to find a match. In this patch the maximum MMR range is set independently per region. This allows matchmaking to be less strict and reduce queue times in regions that have less players.

* Personal performance now affects MMR
    Before this patch, players matchmaking skill rating was calculated strictly by looking at their wins and losses, and the skill of the enemy team. While this is great for a competitive mode, it doesn't fully capture the real picture in Quickplay. We found that a number of players are not playing the objective, and yet have very high aiming skill. This causes their MMR to stay average and them to be matched against players of a much lower personal skill. This lead to unbalanced matches. In this patch, Matchmaking will now also take into account players personal performance in matches. That means that the MMR of a player with an extreme kill/death ratio or score will move up faster so that this player will match against equally skilled players. Wins and losses are still at the core of the matchmaking skill rating, but personal performance will impact that rating to be more precise in the context of Quickplay.

* Parties now have a MMR boost in queue to play against better players
    Parties have a net advantage in matches due to their communication and coordination. Parties are now getting a MMR boost in queue, based on their size, so that they play on average against better rated players."

Hope this helps and thanks for playing!