Welcome to the LawBreakers Forums!

Occupy issues

JEWxMONEYJEWxMONEY
LawBreakers Rep: 320
edited August 9 in General PC Discussion
Not a bug just wishing it was randomized locations because i play teams who work together who just sit waiting before its even located and unlocked.

Comments

• bkp_heptadbkp_heptad
    LawBreakers Rep: 440
    Boss Key
    Have you had a chance to play some more matches in Occupy? I'm wondering if anticipating the locations is helpful at all, or if it still feels frustrating after playing a few matches in that game mode.
  • ShawnHalogenShawnHalogen
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,050
    I like that it alternates between the two sides. I feel if it was randomized you would have situations where one team could possibly have a longer advantage. More players will become aware of the pattern in time.
  • ZalamaelZalamael
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,395
    Some feedback I would give, is that some of the locations, such as in Reactor and Red Falls, are in very small enclosed rooms. This makes them a meat grinder, because it is too easy to spam grenades, rockets, Wraith stingers etc into the room and be able to deal a lot of damage. Occupy on Mammoth however, feels much better because the capture zones are more open.

I think it would be better to move any zone from a small room to somewhere larger, it would make the 5v5 fights a bit more interesting and wouldn't be as frustrating, for the attackers or the defenders. I can understand you not wanting it to be too similar to Turf War, using the same zones etc, but I think that would be the better option. I really don't enjoy playing that mode on Reactor and Red Falls for that reason, especially when there are large rooms that could be used instead of a really small ones.
    JEWxMONEY
  • JustSamJustSam
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,565
    edited August 11
    After a couple of rounds or even one round you get the pattern. This location on their side and next it'll be the same location on your side. Randomizing might help a bit, but still has to alternate between their side and yours.

Like Zalamael said you need bigger areas to fight in. Little areas in this game just become a mess. Maybe make the occupy area larger.

Overall not a huge fan of this mode at all. Wish the frequency was far less. It's fun once in a while, but not every third game.
  • jacob_armitagejacob_armitage
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,655
    I think alternating to a random position from one side to the other would be a bit better, then once one team reaches 175 point mark it just stays centre.

I do also think think that the total cap requirement should be 175, and then 150 for the end game mark, but i'm just a fan of faster matches myself.
  • Kin_ShurubyKin_Shuruby
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,520
    New players are piling up on point just to get slaughtered but organized teams would not set foot in these meat grinders until they have a few kills/team kill. Points don't need to be larger you just need to apply restraint and not clump up on point too fast.

Get picks, clean up/push point, step on point a bit, leave point and recover defensive positions for next team fight, repeat. This mode is actually really tactical and dynamic it's just that right now newbloods are turning it into a bloodbath. Occupy matches are a bit too long though.
    You only need one person on the point. As a medic, I usually don't stay inside it. Even when I use the defense grid, I get out asap.

Keep heavies on the point, supports stay close by, and high burst classes should flank.
  • lawbreaker9000lawbreaker9000
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,635
    edited August 12
    New players are piling up on point just to get slaughtered but organized teams would not set foot in these meat grinders until they have a few kills/team kill. Points don't need to be larger you just need to apply restraint and not clump up on point too fast.

Get picks, clean up/push point, step on point a bit, leave point and recover defensive positions for next team fight, repeat. This mode is actually really tactical and dynamic it's just that right now newbloods are turning it into a bloodbath. Occupy matches are a bit too long though.

But still someone has to stand constantly on the point in order to score points. For this person its just very annoying to camp the whole match in such a small area.Most players understandably dont like to do that.Beside of that, as you already mentioned, some heros like juggernaut or titan are more suitable to go on the point, which creates further toxicity under the teammates, because not every player who plays titan or juggernaut wants to camp the entire round in this 5 meter big circle but the team will often expect exactly that from those titan or jugg players.And if the team has no tank in it than someone else has to go on the point but nobody wants to do that , so you will get alot of "hot potatos" like situations where everyones says:"you go on the point"......."No you go on the point"....."No you go on the point".....

It would make more sense if it would be that way that you have to stand x seconds (10 ?) in the circle without anyone from the other team standing in it at the same time, in order to cap the point and then after you captured the point can leave the circle again and still get points as long as the enemy team dont recaptures the point.So that you can place your team after the capturing of the point on strategic points on the map without anyone having to continusly standing in the circle in order to get points.

More like it is in battlefields conquest mode , but just with the difference that you have one capture point which moves after a fixed time and not 3 stationary ones!
  • Kin_ShurubyKin_Shuruby
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,520
    So instead of saying "enemy is dominating the zone" it would just cap it then go to next one? I can see it.
    edited August 12
    So instead of saying "enemy is dominating the zone" it would just cap it then go to next one? I can see it.

I do not know if this was in reguard to my post.....
    But if it was....
    If you cap a point then the point would become blue but it would not go immediately to the next point.You would still have the point beeing on this place the same amount of time like it is now the case in occupy, without spawning imediately the next point , the only difference would be that you dont have to stand in the circle after you captured it in order to get points but the enemy team can of cause recapture the point at any time if they manage to stand on it for 10 seconds? without anyone of your team standing on it at the same time.

So it would be more like it is in battlefields conquest mode , but just with the difference that you have one capture point which moves after a fixed time and not 3 stationary ones!
    But still someone has to stand constantly on the point in order to score points. For this person its just very annoying to camp the whole match in such a small area.Most players understandably dont like to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of games where teammates are clueless or I'm the only one on the point. It can be super frustrating, but I just take it in stride. Might just take some time for players to get used to it.

edited August 12
    But still someone has to stand constantly on the point in order to score points. For this person its just very annoying to camp the whole match in such a small area.Most players understandably dont like to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of games where teammates are clueless or I'm the only one on the point. It can be super frustrating, but I just take it in stride. Might just take some time for players to get used to it.

I have played enough quake,call of duty, unreal tournament,titanfall,overwatch and crysis multiplayer to know that rule number 1 is that most player never play the objective no matter what.It happens even if the game has a ranked mode on all leagues alot, that nobody wants to do the objective , especial when the objective is not fun..... and standing the entire round in a 5 meter big circle is the definiton of not fun!

And beside of that there is no need in the first place to design the mode that way, that some player has to stay constantly on the objective. The way it is in the Conquest Mode of Battlefield(Dice/EA),where you have to capture the point but then after capturing are free to move of the point and still get points as long as the other team dont recaptures the point, just works perfect! You gain absolute nothing from forcing one player to stand constantly on the point. Its rather the oposite that you inhibit players from positioning their teammates on strategic points of the map and therefore educate them to clumb up all at this one point which then becomes one giant clusterf_uck. As you said for yourself you already experienced it for your own. And that this behavior will change somewhat in the future is just wishfull thinking because the rules of occupy arent so complicated that people need weeks to learn and apply them. In a few weeks it will be exactly like now.