Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Looking for assurance from the devs

JeefJeef
LawBreakers Rep: 535
edited August 2 in PS4 Beta Gameplay Feedback & Suggestions
Firstly I would like the congratulate the Devs on the game they have created. I really enjoyed my time with the beta and I will most likely buy the game when it launches.

However, before I begin to commit a lot of time to the game I would like some assurance from Devs that they are taking the beta feedback on the PS4 forums into consideration. I would like to know that the Devs will take as much care when it comes to post-release balance changes and patches for the PS4 version as they will for the PC version.

Ever since I played TF2 on Xbox 360 a while back, I've been a bit wary of console FPS games that have a bigger scene on pc. For anyone that doesn't know, TF2 on console received zero patches while the pc version has received literally hundreds. I'm sure this won't be the case with lawbreakers, but it would be nice to know that the PS4 version of the game won't be forgotten about and will develop at a similar (not same - as I am aware that patching on consoles is much more difficult) pace.

Thanks!
LawMakerStrongSideXCCutemrce

Comments

• DazynDazyn
    LawBreakers Rep: 430
    I am sure at this point many things are set and while adjustments can be made. You will not see a huge overhaul at this point as most changes typically take place prior to and during Alpha stage. That being said I am sure they will work on balancing and other serious concerns over the life time of the game.

The main issue with TF2 was the way that Microsoft handled it. They had less...friendlier options when it came to allowing updates. It would be nice to get that guarantee. But that is likely not something that they can directly do. The beta was fun, I think it has a lot of opportunity. So I am going to just dive in and enjoy it!
  • StrongSideStrongSide
    LawBreakers Rep: 550
    edited August 3
    To be honest I find it disheartening that the devs still haven't answered any PS4 threads, especially feedback regarding one of the fundamental aspects, if not the most fundamental aspect of any FPS -- the aiming -- such as this thread.

There are glaring issues with the aiming on PS4 the devs haven't acknowledged and it seems they would rather go down the Overwatch path and launch with an inferior aiming implementation compared to other high profile console FPS. This will lead to players relying on 3rd party devices like the XIM4 to attempt to workaround the aiming implementation issues and gain an unfair advantage over regular controller players who are stuck with a poor aim implementation.

Until I see some acknowledgment regarding this I will definitely not buy LawBreakers, especially an inferior version. Already paid more for Overwatch than PC players did and the console support on that game is pretty much nonexistent. Not falling for the same mistake twice.
  • XCCuteXCCute
    LawBreakers Rep: 600
    I think it's a good thing this game won't have a massive player base at launch. That way the forums won't be flooded with knee jerk complaints and the development team will be able to focus on the right issues.

Or so I hope. I do have some concerns about the current aiming state, and seeing so many posts regarding aiming without any official response is making me uncomfortable.
  • JeefJeef
    LawBreakers Rep: 535
    In my a opinion a large player base for a game like this would be a net positive as it would probably mean more money spent on micro transactions, which would mean more content for the game. I do agree that less knee jerk reactions makes it much easier for the Devs to focus on the real issues.

Honestly, all I want is for the Devs to come out and say they are 100% committed to creating the best lawbreakers experience for console players that they possibly can. I'm well aware that with the game so close to launch they are probably all very busy, but it would be nice to get some type of assurance.
  • DazynDazyn
    LawBreakers Rep: 430
    Actually the devs typically do not just jump into fixing things that are knee jerk reactions. Because every adjustment takes time and if it doesn't work it could cause too many coding issue's or create bugs in other areas. Now your more serious and real concerns will typically be tackled if the Devs run into any when it launches.