Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Voice Commands/Prompts

DualDual
LawBreakers Rep: 310
Pretty straight forward suggestion but, it'd be really nice if we could say things from a scroll wheel or something like hello, thank you, go for the objective, etc. Maybe even voice lines and throw them in stashes. But more simply I'd like to be able to say thanks to people like healers, say attack the objective when my team is failing to grab the uplink, or simply say hello to a teammate or enemy as a form of BM. I know you can press T and your character says they're in trouble, but it can only be said like once every ten seconds and you don't even have an icon that pops up so your teammates either won't hear it, or they'll just think it's some random dialogue. This would just add more personality and teamwork to the game while raising team morale.

Comments

• ShawnHalogenShawnHalogen
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,320
    I personally favor a VGS-style. From Tribes but is also in games like Smite. Like entering 'VGY' could mean 'Yes' or 'VVA' could mean 'Attack'. Something like that. There are issues with implementing something like this though.

Cons:
    • Voice actors
    • Obvious abuse of the system
    • Dealing with muting/hiding it for players that don't want it
    • Can take sometime to learn
    • Would probably conflict with pre-existing dialogue already in the game

Pros:
    • It can be really fast for communicating
    • It would add more personality for sure
    • It's a lot fun having conversations with 3 or 4 letter codes

I think something they should add similar to this subject would be the ability to mark an enemy player or objective. Maybe verbally identify a region of the map where that player was marked.
  • ABSURDELINGABSURDELING
    LawBreakers Rep: 510
    This game is tactically too simplistic to warrant the presence of shazbot.
  • DualDual
    LawBreakers Rep: 310
    I personally favor a VGS-style. From Tribes but is also in games like Smite. Like entering 'VGY' could mean 'Yes' or 'VVA' could mean 'Attack'. Something like that. There are issues with implementing something like this though.

Cons:
    • Voice actors
    • Obvious abuse of the system
    • Dealing with muting/hiding it for players that don't want it
    • Can take sometime to learn
    • Would probably conflict with pre-existing dialogue already in the game

Pros:
    • It can be really fast for communicating
    • It would add more personality for sure
    • It's a lot fun having conversations with 3 or 4 letter codes

I think something they should add similar to this subject would be the ability to mark an enemy player or objective. Maybe verbally identify a region of the map where that player was marked.

Decent suggestions. The Tribes way of communicating could work, for PC. On console those players would be out of luck since there's no keyboard or chat box for them to use. Which is why I just suggested a scroll wheel with basic voice lines. I'm not sure how it could be abused other than maybe being annoying hearing your teammate spam 'hello' or something. But just make it so you can only say a few voice lines with a few seconds time and if you spam too much you have to wait a few more seconds to say anything. And as far as pre existing dialogue, just make the voice line play over the dialogue since it's a little more important. It would definitely add more personality which is what this game needs, and it'd boost team morale and communication.