Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Aiming - Does it feel good on PS4?

MrBlue999999MrBlue999999
LawBreakers Rep: 300
Let me preface this by saying I have played a lot of FPS over the years and have played several of them competitively. I have played Lawbreakers since the original closed beta on PC and plan to get it on both PC and PS4 to play with multiple friend groups. There is one singular issue I have come across on the PS4 version of this game that has irritated me. The aiming doesnt feel precise enough. I think there may be some sort of aim acceleration tied to the aiming which I think is hurting the aiming. If the controller aiming was as responsive and as precise as Titanfall 2 or Call of Duty and maybe reduce the Aim Assist, I think this game would be perfect on PS4. Do people agree with me or am I just over analyzing something minute?
  1. How do you like the way aiming feels on PS4?15 votes
    1. I enjoy it, no problems from me.
       27% (4 votes)
    2. No real issues, but it could be fine tuned to be a bit better.
       27% (4 votes)
    3. Not the biggest fan, it needs some work before I really like it.
       33% (5 votes)
    4. I don't like the aiming. It is not good.
       13% (2 votes)

Comments

• Desert_PunkDesert_Punk
    LawBreakers Rep: 845
    Please check this thread regarding aim implementation improvements and see if it mirrors your feelings about the aiming.
  • SabakuNoYoukaiSabakuNoYoukai
    LawBreakers Rep: 690
    I think the aiming is better than Overwatch, but still as a long way to go. It feels floaty, like moving through molasses. There is too much smoothing applied.

I also agree the acceleration is off, the ramp up delay (how long turn speed acceleration takes to kick in) is too long. I would like it to feel more instant when I flick the thumbstick.

The deadzone slider should allow even lower values. The minimum value is still too large for me and does not leave room for finesse, especially at longer ranges.
  • AnfinessenAnfinessen
    LawBreakers Rep: 320
    it actually depends on the classes cuz i think the thing your probably feeling is gun spread.Usually in really tense situations you probably hold down the trigger more often where the weapon spread is straight up useless at long range.
  • SabakuNoYoukaiSabakuNoYoukai
    LawBreakers Rep: 690
    I disagree. Gun spread has nothing to do with how your aim responds to your stick inputs. Aiming lacks finesse, period. Tracking an enemy at long range who hasn't noticed you (no need to open fire immediately) is downright awful due to the excessive smoothing applied which nullifies any minute stick inputs. Couple that with the delayed acceleration and you find yourself overcompensating and overcorrecting your aim at long ranges before you even open fire.
  • SubtraxxSubtraxx
    LawBreakers Rep: 410
    It felt really good.
  • XCCuteXCCute
    LawBreakers Rep: 600
    Voted option #3. As I mentioned in another thread it feels subpar. It has some sort of delayed acceleration that makes it feel heavy. And no, I know what input lag is (I play on a 144Hz monitor with a 1ms response time) and it is nothing like that.

Please devs we just want the ability to aim better in such a fast paced game.