Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Statistics + Quick Match

nEshevnEshev
LawBreakers Rep: 630
I started playing the beta and I'm enjoying the game so much,but there is something really bothering.I can say i am pretty good at FPS games, I've played a lot of them. When I started playing LB i destroyed the first couple of games (of course) and so my MMR is going up right. But recently I went in a loosing streak and not because I am not good but I had like 3-4 games in a row where someone leaves and we lose 4v5 or 3v5, or I join the game just as the team is losing and I get the DEFEAT screen automatically (I always have a positive KDA and I'm doing good for a solo overall) . The frustrating part is that when you go to your statistics you have games like this as a DEFEAT and you get a D stat. So your overall MMR is going down and the stats become a bit like I'm newbie in FPS games. I usually don't care about stuff like this but when someone leaves mid game or you join an already lost game i don't think it's a good idea to count the stats of that game because your MMR is going down and when someone checks your profile they're like "wtf this guy has a B or C average".You could make games with leavers/DC's etc. under the ABANDONED marker or something like that and the stats from these games shouldn't count. You can be 30/5/20 but you can get stomped in a 3v5 and get a 1/15/4 so I think that making those stats not counting a good idea. :)

Comments

• EpoxyEpoxy
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,160
    Or just make ranked MMR reliant on W/L only. Performance adjustments are generally bad for competitive MMR systems because players are encouraged to "play for stats" instead of "play to win" which leads to tilting and toxicity. Performance based MMR is what allows people with <50% win rates to climb and that's bad for the health and integrity of any ranked environment.
  • rafarafa
    LawBreakers Rep: 725
    or they take out win/loss ratio and kda from the profile and it will the best for everyone.
    nEshev
  • EpoxyEpoxy
    edited July 30, 2017
    rafa wrote: »
    or they take out win/loss ratio and kda from the profile and it will the best for everyone.

Say hi to Jeff Kaplan for me.
    Chaos_de_TejasGoid
  • reaalizereaalize
    LawBreakers Rep: 745
    Epoxy wrote: »
    Or just make ranked MMR reliant on W/L only. Performance adjustments are generally bad for competitive MMR systems because players are encouraged to "play for stats" instead of "play to win" which leads to tilting and toxicity. Performance based MMR is what allows people with <50% win rates to climb and that's bad for the health and integrity of any ranked environment.

they already said they will only use a W/L system in ranked and that MMR is only in quick play so people who are just learning the game don't get placed with people who will crush you
    nEshevChaos_de_TejasEpoxy
  • KangaJooKangaJoo
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,935
    If you were playing well during the losing streak your MMR won't go down that fast. Also how much your MMR goes up or down is based off how long you were in the game for so joining a game right as it ends and losing will barely impact your MMR.
  • EpoxyEpoxy
    If they're planning to make ranked straight W/L (which they've stated elsewhere so let's roll with that assumption) then it's almost guaranteed that there will be no backfilling allowed in competitive queue. Relatively harsh punishment for leavers would obviously need to be rolled in with that. Now I'm just hoping for a true solo queue and 1HL! B)