Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Gunslinger is TOO strong

sithian8sithian8
LawBreakers Rep: 440
edited July 30 in PS4 Beta Gameplay Feedback & Suggestions
He's kind of ridiculous at this point. Every game I join sees multiple gunslingers chosen. His damage is just way too high, being able to dispatch characters in seconds. And his mobility is really good now too. He's the character now that always has the most kills on every match. Kinda sick of dying as SOON as I enter a Gunslingers FOV.
LawMakerBreadQuestHexPanic

Comments

• Ace_WrightAce_Wright
    LawBreakers Rep: 430
    Um no, I don't use gunslinger but sounds to me like you need work because he's a good aim reward type character. I play battle medic I've played multiple matches against gunslingers and have come out on top as MVP. A lot of times.. Like a lot. Just get better at moving around and you'll be fine don't give them a chance to hit you.
  • BreadQuestBreadQuest
    i mostly play wraith, and even with his insane movement speed he has i still get killed by gunslingers that just look at the corner i went around from 50 feet away and mash there shift key then shot me in the back. i love the game and have played about 5 hours in the 2 days of the open beta so far, but the only problem with the game is gunslinger. he makes the game unplayable for any hero with under 500 hp. its the only reason i haven't been playing the game non stop and may stop me from buying this great game.
  • JeefJeef
    LawBreakers Rep: 535
    I am tempted to agree that he may be a little over tuned. He seems to excel at too many ranges.
  • Raxus001Raxus001
    LawBreakers Rep: 595
    I have mixed feelings as well. I love the gunslinger, I just went on a 10+ kill streak with him in a turf war match. I don't think he is necessarily overpowered though. Good aim should be rewarded with power. As an enforcer, I can beat him a lot of times because I can increase my movement/shooting speed and I can cancel his warp with the emp grenade.

My ultimate fear is if he got nerfed, would he be overnerfed? I would rather deal with him as he is personally.
  • HexPanicHexPanic
    LawBreakers Rep: 710
    edited July 30
    I agree mostly but I haven't played him myself as of yet so I can't say for sure. As a Vanguard, gun spinning at max, in optimal range and full health I get outgunned more often than not just a toe to toe fight at close range. He does a boat load of damage cross map too which is irritating. I wanna test before commenting too much but there doesn't seem to be a downfall other than lower target acquisition from what I've read.
  • Ind1vdualEl3venInd1vdualEl3ven
    LawBreakers Rep: 500
    Agreed he domes any hero 300 health too quick
  • MercBerserkMercBerserk
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,820
    edited July 30
    Raxus001 wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings as well. I love the gunslinger, I just went on a 10+ kill streak with him in a turf war match. I don't think he is necessarily overpowered though. Good aim should be rewarded with power. As an enforcer, I can beat him a lot of times because I can increase my movement/shooting speed and I can cancel his warp with the emp grenade.

My ultimate fear is if he got nerfed, would he be overnerfed? I would rather deal with him as he is personally.

I think they buffed him from last beta and he was strong than. Add his buff to nerfs like they did to Wraith he now becomes a bit too much. Consider that against more challenging roles like Assassin, there really is an imbalance there. Time will tell if Assasin will have a high enough skill cap to bridge the current perceived imbalance. I have no problem rewarding aim but he should't be able to dual in all ranges. He is dominant at range with zero fall off damage and just completely wrecks up close. I think they went a bit overboard with him.

I wish I spent some time testing from range and distances on each role. That might give some insight to how much more viable is he over other roles but I do think he is by far the most dominant role. Would love to see charts on time to kill and damage output etc.

Just looked up the patch notes....

"We're bumping up the on hit damage of the TAC Knife to solidify its position as a combat option, and trimming down Warp's cooldown to be more in line with other high mobility classes. We still expect Warp to be stronger in combat than for pure map traversal, but this change should help him feel less sluggish when simply moving around. We're also giving a healthy buff to Equalizer's damage output, as previously we saw this ability sometimes used only for it's Warp cooldown reset. Finally we fixed the damage falloff on Omega that was causing charged versus uncharged shots to do roughly equal damage at certain ranges. "

I think they need to reverse these changes, he was very strong before this.
    Raxus001
  • Raxus001Raxus001
    LawBreakers Rep: 595
    So I've changed my opinion with my last couple games of the beta:
    Gunslinger is OP!!!!
    HexPanic