Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Controversial rant on what I hate the most

Comments

• seraphmageseraphmage
    LawBreakers Rep: 865
    edited August 2, 2017
    Amerika wrote: »
    So I'm a big fan of removing the shield and then adjusting the BM's heal over time and firepower accordingly to keep them relevant/wanted.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. With Harrier entering the scene, how do you change the Battle Medic in such a way that it doesn't feel like a weaker version of Harrier that no one wants to play competitively? I believe stripping the drone shield AND limiting drone healing such that it only applies when not taking damage is a path to this irrelevant state.

I'm all for tuning the healing down in someway while improving the Battle Medic's survivability and offensive power. I spent some time rambling about this in a post here: Battle Medic Survivability (Open Beta Feedback). Having played BM a lot, I agree that there were times when I wanted to push harder into the engagement but felt it was better for my team if I hung back. I just don't believe that the solution is to make the BM's healing so weak that it can essentially be ignored by the enemy.

If this happens, the value of the BM will then be measured solely based on their ability to contribute DPS, which when compared to the other roles, I believe the BM will be found lacking.

Bligliboo
  • GoidGoid
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,125
    edited August 4, 2017
    maybe add like a 1 second charge up time for the shield to reach it's max capacity and if any damage is taken during that process you will only get the amount of shield that was able to charge before taking damage. so if a battle medic heals someone that is in combat the player wont get an instant advantage.
    CommandThrowerJustSam
  • CommandThrowerCommandThrower
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,460
    Goid wrote: »
    maybe add like a 1 second charge up time for the shield to reach it's max capacity and if any damage is taken during that process you will only get the amount of shield that was able to charge before taking damage. so if a battle medic heals someone that is in combat the player wont get an instant advantage.

Interesting. I like this idea. I don't know how it would be implemented in-game, but it's worth looking at. It makes preemptive healing a thing, since you could shield a class for a better chance at winning a fight.
  • ABSURDELINGABSURDELING
    LawBreakers Rep: 510
    If you remove rock paper scissors from modern gaming then 99% of all players would quit and the bubble would collapse.
  • JustSamJustSam
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,575
    Goid wrote: »

Something along these lines. That's what I was getting at with my post. The shield and health shouldn't be able to charge up faster than you can deal them damage mid fight. However that's implemented would be welcomed.