Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Gunslinger OP

Rigi_IndustriesRigi_Industries
LawBreakers Rep: 250
edited July 29, 2017 in Beta Gameplay Feedback & Suggestions
In my opinion, Gunslinger is fine if only one is on the team, but once you start to add ANY more of them, he becomes really damn OP. If 2 or 3 GS are on the opposite team, doing ANYTHING in the air becomes basically suicide.

I'd suggest introducing a class limit into te final game because nerfing the class would make him underpowered by himself.
XarcasticiLikeCookiesQEpoxyWishingPoleSsigmaA

Comments

• ZalamaelZalamael
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,615
    edited July 29, 2017
    It was only a matter of time lol :)

But yes, he does feel slightly too strong now, probably the result of a few minor buffs and fixes to him, and the roles who countered him being nerfed.

His knife does too much damage on a direct hit, 200 is pretty insane for a utility ability, and 300 on a headshot is ridiculous. His knife has become a burst damage ability instead of a utility ability. I don't really care about the utility of it anymore, it has become a method of getting a very fast kill instead of something I can use to help my team with.

If I was going to make a suggestion (and I obviously am), I would drop the damage back down to 100, but lower the cooldown to around 10-12 seconds. 20 is just too long, it feels more like 60 seconds given the pace of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving using it, it feels very satisfying to land a hit with it, even more so when you land a headshot, but I feel it is just too strong right now.

EDIT: Another suggestion, go for 100 damage, but increase the headshot multiplier to x2 so it does 200 damage on a headshot. That would make it rewarding to use without it being over the top.
    AsbelfewRy
  • xirbxirb
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,615
    Easy fix would be to revert the damage nerf done to enforcer and jugg.
  • AsbelAsbel
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,250
    edited July 29, 2017
    The nerf loop is starting... XD

I'm ok for knife but the rest is fine, don't touch him more plz.
    Zalamael
  • ZalamaelZalamael
    xirb wrote: »

That wouldn't be a good move, both of them were OP in the hands of a solid player in the last beta. The recent changes are having the right effect as far as they go.

But the end result is that the GS is feeling a little bit too strong. In the hands of a solid player, the GS is very powerful, especially compared to the rest of the cast. And I say that as a GS main.

The changes to his Ult are good, it now feels like a worthwhile ability. His knife feels too strong though, and I think his sniping damage is probably too high, that could do with being brought back to 140 now that his falloff has been fixed.
    Bligliboo
  • GraciousNutsGraciousNuts
    LawBreakers Rep: 740
    Here we go again lets nerf him too
    Asbelxirb
  • AsbelAsbel
    edited July 29, 2017

Untill the game become tasteless and everyone left it ^^.

I really think limit on same class could have change everything.
    Now the nerf hammer is falling and when class limit will come (cause it will) it will be too late and ppl will fight for buff or leave cause they will not to fight anymore for the game :/
    ZalamaelxirbEpoxySsigmaA
  • AsbelAsbel
    edited July 29, 2017
    And nerf Zalamael btw, he is too strong, I can't fly in peace XD.
    Justin Bieber send his regards ^^.
    Zalamael
  • ZalamaelZalamael

I think in this case it wont be a bad idea. The other roles all feel good in their own way, but the GS is that little bit too strong in comparison to the how the other classes have been toned down.

His charged shot hits hard, probably too hard, and his knife is far too strong if you can land it.
  • ZalamaelZalamael
    Asbel wrote: »

Haha, I recognise that name. And not from his music, I remember you mate. It was a good fight!
  • AsbelAsbel
    edited July 30, 2017
    Zalamael wrote: »
    Asbel wrote: »

Haha, I recognise that name. And not from his music, I remember you mate. It was a good fight!

Yes I agree, even if two good GS is a pain, too much angles to watch. Was trying to escape but with the new knife movement it's hard.
  • reaalizereaalize
    LawBreakers Rep: 745
    i think they need to nerf the knife down a little bit other than that i think he's fine.. he's a skill shot hero so you still need to be able to land the shots even if he does have a lot of damage.. i have been playing a lot of titan and have been doing completely fine against the gunslingers
  • iLikeCookiesQiLikeCookiesQ
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,920
    xirb wrote: »

But those changes were good changes. Both enforcer and jugg are meta heroes despite their nerfs. (as far as there is a meta). Better is to nerf gunslinger instead.
    Enforcer was nerfed because he was oppressive on top level play, and jugg because he was oppressive on all levels of play. They are still good now, but not oppressive anymore. Gunslinger is the new oppressive man. Responsible for deleting wraiths and vanguards, and also being favorite vs enforcer.

Before the gunslinger buffs godly aim players could solo carry games. Now they have been given god mode with the ranged omega damage. Alpha also doesn't have spread anymore??? (Was that even in the patch notes?) I'm not a gunslinger pro btw.
  • SsigmaASsigmaA
    LawBreakers Rep: 520
    edited July 29, 2017
    I honestly have to agree with this, I can't imagine how much of a problem it will become if multiple skilled people will play GS. It's going to be nearly impossible to do anything other than giving up. I honestly hope there will be at least a maximum of 2 people per class limit or something like that, otherwise its going to be a proper pain.
  • itstrueitstrue
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,040
    Stack any other character and it will feel just as OP. It's not Gunslinger that's the problem. It's stacking 2 or more of the same character. You can avoid it but choosing to play pugs and tournaments.
    AsbelAmerikaEpoxy
  • EpoxyEpoxy
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,160
    I've said it elsewhere but I really hate the idea of nerfing classes just because they're OP when stacked. Balance discussions are kinda moot when there's no class limit because it's just such an impossible task. Without pickups to artificially level the playing field between disparate classes there's just not a good way to achieve anything resembling balance without class limits.

Only thing to do is embrace the imbalanced nature of QM or find custom pugs that have class limits turned on while we wait for a ranked/comp queue. Hopefully that doesn't take too long after release.
    Asbel
  • MercBerserkMercBerserk
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,820
    edited July 29, 2017
    Not sure how stacking makes a role OP. The game was designed where any role can counter any role although I don't think that is true yet. So what would happen with a team of all Gun Slinger vs all Wraiths. I would give it to Gun Slinger since he is good from far, medium and close ranges and I think they made him too strong on these last changes while nerfing other roles.

The problem with role limits in this game is they just don't have anywhere near enough roles to limit it. They would need to double the amount of roles to make that a workable solution. This is also not OW where the game was designed around certain Hero's countering others so the idea there needs to be role limitations I think is wrong. The challenge with this game is to find comps that would counter other comps that have stacked roles, more of a countering play style vs forcing people to learn every role well. One easy way is to stack your side. In solo queue with lack of communication, that will never work out though.
  • EpoxyEpoxy
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,160
    The challenge with this game is to find comps that would counter other comps that have stacked roles, more of a countering play style vs forcing people to learn every role well. One easy way is to stack your side.

The bold part is the problem with allowing class stacking. Stacking is boring and simple. The finer details have been explained several times over around here so I won't rehash them.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    LawBreakers Rep: 8,075
    Glad to see conversation around Gunslinger from both sides. When it comes to stacking, there are hard counters that can help to dispatch an entire team of Gunslingers as well. Also, role limits is a topic that has come up in other threads, whereas we should keep this convo about GS only.
  • ZalamaelZalamael
    OneLetter wrote: »
    Glad to see conversation around Gunslinger from both sides. When it comes to stacking, there are hard counters that can help to dispatch an entire team of Gunslingers as well. Also, role limits is a topic that has come up in other threads, whereas we should keep this convo about GS only.

I have something like 98% of my play since yesterday, has been with the Gunslinger. And as much as I am loving it, he feels just that little bit too strong.

The other roles, like Wraith and Enforcer, they don't feel as strong as they did last time.

I don't want him to be OP. He feels like he is right now though.
  • CommandThrowerCommandThrower
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,460
    I don't think the GS needs a lot of sweeping buffs or nerfs. A change to the tac-knife's damage is all I'd really say he could use.

Otherwise, I think a class-limit in regular gameplay would be the best way to alleviate this issue of classes seeming OP. Counter-picking also works, but I don't really think that LB has a lot of *hard* counterpicks, but that might just be me.
    Zalamael