Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Vertigo

EpoxyEpoxy
LawBreakers Rep: 1,160
in Beta Map Feedback
Is still awful. Seriously, the rest of the maps are a lot of fun and I really like the design on most of them but holy **.** does Vertigo make me tilt. I'm sure you have actual data on this but anecdotally it also feels like the majority of leavers and stomps I've had today took place on either Vertigo or early in an Overcharge match (if it's OC on Vertigo, almost guaranteed 1-3 players are going to leave before the match is half over).
xirbYodalegendLove_Antenna_01

Comments

• YodalegendYodalegend
    LawBreakers Rep: 640
    I agree, Vertigo is a no grav fuckfest meaning its ideal for only a handful of characters and the others get completely sidelined.
  • AsbelAsbel
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,250
    edited July 29, 2017
    lol, Vertigo is one of my fav ^^.
    I like the style, it's clear and pure, it's in the sky it's not too big, we have lot of fights very quick.
    I like to play it in defence and attack char.

Why don't you like it?
  • EpoxyEpoxy
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,160
    It severely limits the classes you can play on it. Spawn doors are positioned so you can defend the point from one of them. Layout makes it extremely biased toward whichever team caps the objective first, defending is too easy when the wide flanks are so heavily exposed. Brute forcing mid has a low success rate unless defenders are functionally brain-dead. Also, the map is tiny as **.**. All of those things contribute a very one-dimensional and strategically simple snoozefest of a round.
  • MercBerserkMercBerserk
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,820
    Epoxy wrote: »
    Is still awful. Seriously, the rest of the maps are a lot of fun and I really like the design on most of them but holy **.** does Vertigo make me tilt. I'm sure you have actual data on this but anecdotally it also feels like the majority of leavers and stomps I've had today took place on either Vertigo or early in an Overcharge match (if it's OC on Vertigo, almost guaranteed 1-3 players are going to leave before the match is half over).

I am not a big fan of this map. I am always tempted to back out of the lobby when it comes up. I don't know why but I just don't find this map enjoyable.
    Epoxy
  • rafarafa
    LawBreakers Rep: 725
    ya vertigo is very bad. it needs a rework.
  • Love_Antenna_01Love_Antenna_01
    LawBreakers Rep: 565
    edited August 1, 2017
    I have mostly experienced Vertigo through two classes, Battle Medic and Juggernaut.
    Battle Medic has no problems hovering and being useful on the map, but Juggernaut has difficulties adjusting to the map.

Noob as I am, shamelessly I will tell my experience. Juggernaut, even if the map is low-g, has such hard time moving around. On warm-up I noticed I was able to hover towards those gravity orbs by holding space. Warm-up ends and I try this again only to fall to my death, seemingly never being able to do what I did in warm-up. (And I pressed shift four times to my death. Both in warm-up and in the match. Definitely hard to get used to after normal maps.)

Then comes the maneuverability, which I noticed Juggernaut can achieve if he spends most of his ammo blind-firing to swing to the other side in seconds, which can be a neat respawn trick if you want to charge head-long into the enemy defense. (But then he has to reload, which I won't get into.)
    Since going past map boundaries means death for Juggernaut, his real play area is rather limited, which almost forces the player to adapt a defensive position. In the chaos of combat, if you lose your objective, then as a Juggernaut your options are very limited in what you can do, as the map is rather straight-forward and the distance between bases is short, you hardly have enough time to create momentum to catch whoever got your objective. (And knowing players, it is most likely a vanguard or four, jet boosting away.)

Edit; I was watching the promotional video for Vertigo and it had a clip at the end where Juggernaut punched the air and seemingly gained momentum from it. I was aware only Wraith had these abilities, did I miss something from the training videos?
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    LawBreakers Rep: 8,065
    Thanks fore the feedback on Vertigo on this thread. If anyone has more to add, please do so, and the more constructive / specific, the better.
  • ZalamaelZalamael
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,605
    OneLetter wrote: »
    Thanks fore the feedback on Vertigo on this thread. If anyone has more to add, please do so, and the more constructive / specific, the better.

One thing I mentioned a while back, is the size of the objective marker, and its position when in a base. This is exacerbated on Vertigo, because of the long sight lines from the middle to each base. It makes it very difficult to see enemies that are close to it, but they can see enemies approaching very clearly.

So, for example, if we have the Battery/Uplink in our base, as a Gunslinger, I can stand on the objective and snipe players who are attacking down the central route, and they can't see me because the marker is hiding me, but I can see them quite clearly. It pretty much means that attacking down the central route is a bad idea, and the two side routes with the grav spheres should used instead, otherwise it is too easy to be shot, without being able to fight back.

This is also a problem on maps like Grandview, where from a distance you can see the objective when it is in the middle, but you can't see if an opponent is standing on it or not, because the marker scales too big relative to the player models and it obscures them. This isn't an issue at close and medium range, but at long range it feels worse.
    Love_Antenna_01Epoxy