Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

My current issues with the Assassin and Wraith

YodalegendYodalegend
LawBreakers Rep: 640
So I have been playing the beta for a while now and I am loving the patches, the game feels a lot better, However the assassin feels like a 1 trick pony again as the melee distance has been reduced and unlike the wraith class the assassins melee doesn't propel you forward, putting it at a disadvantage in most fights.
Playing the assassin class you have to rely a lot on the shotgun because of this, although it is better than the previous 2 beta's it still feels a bit off. I would either like the assassin class to have a slightly higher melee range than the other classes or maybe instead enjoy a bit of propulsion when you melee, but less than the wraith class.

The wraith class is still performing a little too well, which is visible by the vast majority of players picking him leading to matches which often have 3 wraiths on either team. My experience playing the wraith doesn't actually feel like there has been much of a change other than the reduction of usefulness of the stab which is still great. My biggest irk with the class is that its just too easy to track targets as the wraith due to his mobility being by far the best of all the other classes and his rapid fire smg with superb precision and capacity for head shots. I realize that balancing this class is very complicated because of the very nature of mobility in the game, however I believe that either removing the ability for head shots from the class or reducing the damage output of the smg making head shots seem more important as a target will set the character more in line and have a bit of a higher skill boundary which I believe is the most important for the wraith right now as he's just simply too easy to excel with.
  1. How do you feel about the Wraith class?24 votes
    1. The Wraith class is fine.
       46% (11 votes)
    2. The Wraith class should not have the ability to headshot.
       4% (1 vote)
    3. The Wraith class should be able to head shot but should have less damage on the SMG.
       33% (8 votes)
    4. The Wraith class needs a different kind of nerf. (Please comment a suggestion)
       17% (4 votes)

Comments

• iLikeCookiesQiLikeCookiesQ
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,920
    edited July 28, 2017
    The reason you see 3 wraiths on the enemy team, is because he is simply the most fun class to play. He is what noob fights on halo 3 used to look like (shoot AR then melee). And has crazy mobility to get back in the fight faster than some other classes. He isn't picked because he is OP. I already see him as the poor oppressed scapegoat that everybody wants to see nerfed, and I don't think any of that was warranted in the first place. He needs to be harder to play, not have all his power taken away. Now the devs are just taking his power away.

this is what I think they should do to make him harder to play, but not weak.
    http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/2765/wraith-redesign-suggestion
    ReclusiveRychuGraciousNutsYodalegend
  • GraciousNutsGraciousNuts
    LawBreakers Rep: 740
    The reason you see 3 wraiths on the enemy team, is because he is simply the most fun class to play. He is what noob fights on halo 3 used to look like (shoot AR then melee). And has crazy mobility to get back in the fight faster than some other classes. He isn't picked because he is OP. I already see him as the poor oppressed scapegoat that everybody wants to see nerfed, and I don't think any of that was warranted in the first place. He needs to be harder to play, not have all his power taken away. Now the devs are just taking his power away.

AMEN! Now we have a nerfed Char in the game that is fun but also almost useless. He needs at least is melee speed back (with current Damage), jumps need to be adjusted a bit cuz now its like he hops 1 foot instead of a 4 to 6 foot jump, and his accuracy need to come back (With Current Damage).
  • YodalegendYodalegend
    I agree with what iLikeCookiesQ said because the class is simply to easy to play currently and can beat an assassin in a pure melee situation. But GraciousNuts really has no clue what he's talking about.
  • ZalamaelZalamael
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,615
    edited July 29, 2017
    I think the Assassin could use a bit more damage on the Romerus. The rate of fire is good, and the ammo count feels better. The skill needed to be accurate with it though, is too high considering how low the damage is, and how big the spread is.

Actually, thinking about it, I think reducing the spread on the Romerus would be a better idea. It would reward skilled aiming with more damage, but it wouldn't make it over the top. Higher damage would mean a point blank shot would be too strong, and her melee should always be the better option at point blank range given her design. Whereas if the spread is reduced, it will be a good weapon at close range, without it being too strong at point blank range.
    YodalegendAsphyxia
  • YodalegendYodalegend
    Zalamael wrote: »
    I think the Assassin could use a bit more damage on the Romerus. The rate of fire is good, and the ammo count feels better. The skill needed to be accurate with it though, is too high considering how low the damage is, and how big the spread is.

Actually, thinking about it, I think reducing the spread on the Romerus would be a better idea. It would reward skilled aiming with more damage, but it wouldn't make it over the top. Higher damage would mean a point blank shot would be too strong, and her melee should always be the better option given her design. Whereas if the spread is reduced, it will be a good weapon at close range, without it being too strong at point blank range.

I think the spread should stop expanding at a certain point just so it can be used to harass or chase a target at medium range instead of only short range.
    ZalamaelAsphyxia
  • AdelbackAdelback
    LawBreakers Rep: 450
    edited July 29, 2017
    First, Excuse my english may be full of grammar mistakes.

I played 27h as assassin, which is my point of view.

As an assassin i play with my 3 charges, and i must land my grap (Arc Blades precision combo) to ensure 250 Dmg (2hit) : using 1 out 3 charges. The Wraith can also 2 hit (right click) and deal the sames damages , but with less time and precision ( an Arc Blades precision combo, need one right click with precision, then u travel to the target as vulnerable to finaly land the 2 hits combo).

Futhermore, he dont need charges to right click. I saw the nerf on his moblity aspect, it's effective in 0G environement,but it dont have a huge affect on the CQC fight.

Burning a charge with the right click , as a wraith , would force the player to chose between Attacking or Dodging, as the assassin do. And he still have his glide. and wall jump that are free.

Also, my Shotgun does not have his Spektor pistol DPS, but its ok the wraith is a Melee/CQC class, so he rely on his gun more than the assassin. But The Spread is insaneand he got a good amount of ammo.
    On this I was wondering if a revolver, like the right gun of the Gunslinger, wouldnt be ok. With more reward on precision , and the Right click as a finisher.
    But it may be too huge for a nerf.
    edited July 29, 2017
    Yodalegend wrote: »
    I agree with what iLikeCookiesQ said because the class is simply to easy to play currently and can beat an assassin in a pure melee situation. But GraciousNuts really has no clue what he's talking about.

F__K you Dude its my opinion not a fact. I feel more like he is in the more or less right spot now after play all night
  • Me_Old_BonesMe_Old_Bones
    LawBreakers Rep: 560

F__K you Dude its my opinion not a fact. I feel more like he is in the more or less right spot now after play all night

No need to be rude my mate.
  • AdelbackAdelback
    edited July 29, 2017

Can you arg a bit more ? I'm interrested by your opinion. what do you think about the previous nerf, and what are the - and + of the class from your objective point of view ?
    Adelback wrote: »

Can you arg a bit more ? I'm interrested by your opinion. what do you think about the previous nerf, and what are the - and + of the class from your objective point of view ?

Ill admit compared to the last beta Wraith was op. As for the current state is a bit slower with attacks witch is fine cuz its more strategic. His melee range is perfect there is no need for any adjustment in that aspect my opinion but the wait on that melee really prevents the player from getting out of up close sticky situation (sucks ass). Witch brings me to my other point. His health alone stops the player from going into a room and spamming high amounts of damage. I used to be able to go in a room with 3 opponents and wreck them and then go heal and repeat but now you kinda have to save his high mobility moves to get out of bad spots. The damage is a perfect match with his range cuz he can put up a even fight or even in some cases whoop the assassins class, and to cover assassins we have gunslinger to stop Wraith. Gunslinger is a hairline of done but not by much cuz if you manage to get up close there screwed, and there is enforcer witch puts up the far fight with gunslinger. Like i said, in my opinion i thinks it fair as long as gunslinger gets drops by like a point on his revolver.
  • AdelbackAdelback

Yea i agree on the overall, excepted the fact that he can melee an assassin.
    The damage is a perfect match with his range cuz he can put up a even fight or even in some cases whoop the assassins class, and to cover assassins we have gunslinger to stop Wraith

I feel like in 1v1, the assassin should have advantage. without relying on other, she should be able to to grap and ensure a kill on wraith. (if u are good ofc, that meens dodging the mine and just getting hit by Gun and 1 Right click while you grap asap.)

I explained above the reason, and i really think that Burning a charge with the right click could be a good solution, without a nerf on his damage.
    What do you think about it ?
    Yodalegend
  • CorruptlolCorruptlol
    LawBreakers Rep: 340
    i never have problems against both classes on enforcer, if the come close get your pistal out and kick and shoot them in the face, situational awareness is pretty important.
    I do have a lot of problems on medic against both of them, but this could be my team being bad aswell and not taking care of dps players properly
    GraciousNutsAsbel
  • TelzenTelzen
    LawBreakers Rep: 770

AMEN! Now we have a nerfed Char in the game that is fun but also almost useless. He needs at least is melee speed back (with current Damage), jumps need to be adjusted a bit cuz now its like he hops 1 foot instead of a 4 to 6 foot jump, and his accuracy need to come back (With Current Damage).

If you feel wraith is useless then you are just bad.
    Yodalegend
    Telzen wrote: »

If you feel wraith is useless then you are just bad.

If you didn't notice my other post you apparently can't read:

Ill admit compared to the last beta Wraith was op. As for the current state is a bit slower with attacks witch is fine cuz its more strategic. His melee range is perfect there is no need for any adjustment in that aspect my opinion but the wait on that melee really prevents the player from getting out of up close sticky situation (sucks ass). Witch brings me to my other point. His health alone stops the player from going into a room and spamming high amounts of damage. I used to be able to go in a room with 3 opponents and wreck them and then go heal and repeat but now you kinda have to save his high mobility moves to get out of bad spots. The damage is a perfect match with his range cuz he can put up a even fight or even in some cases whoop the assassins class, and to cover assassins we have gunslinger to stop Wraith. Gunslinger is a hairline of done but not by much cuz if you manage to get up close there screwed, and there is enforcer witch puts up the far fight with gunslinger. Like i said, in my opinion i thinks it fair as long as gunslinger gets drops by like a point on his revolver.
    Corruptlol wrote: »
    i never have problems against both classes on enforcer, if the come close get your pistal out and kick and shoot them in the face, situational awareness is pretty important.
    I do have a lot of problems on medic against both of them, but this could be my team being bad aswell and not taking care of dps players properly

Enforcer is just a well rounded class, and yes situational awareness is key to any game.
  • AsphyxiaAsphyxia
    LawBreakers Rep: 510
    Zalamael wrote: »

Actually, thinking about it, I think reducing the spread on the Romerus would be a better idea. It would reward skilled aiming with more damage, but it wouldn't make it over the top. Higher damage would mean a point blank shot would be too strong, and her melee should always be the better option given her design. Whereas if the spread is reduced, it will be a good weapon at close range, without it being too strong at point blank range.

I think the spread should stop expanding at a certain point just so it can be used to harass or chase a target at medium range instead of only short range.

Totally agree with this, and also i kind of wish the reticle was a bit more forgiving, the tiny white dot in the center is hard (not impossible, but still) to line up shots. Maybe a more aim-based crosshair too, to get more quality of life to the class?
  • Chaos_de_TejasChaos_de_Tejas
    LawBreakers Rep: 800
    The only issue I have with Wraith is the free momentum from the knife seems like a bit much on top of the wall jumps and slide. I feel with speed boost from using is necessary to make it viable in combat however, so maybe have have attack de-accelerate you after with initial acceleration from the attack.
    Yodalegend
  • YodalegendYodalegend
    After reading the other comments I'm starting to think that the wraith class should have like 5 or 4 charges and he can spend them on jumps or stabs and I also still believe his gun needs some kind of nerf.