NEXON AMERICA INC.
“JOIN THE OFFICIAL LAWBREAKERS SONY PS4TM COMMUNITY” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor: The “JOIN THE OFFICIAL LAWBREAKERS SONY PS4TM COMMUNITY” CONTEST (JULY-AUGUST 2017) (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Nexon America Inc., 222 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 200, El Segundo, California 90245, USA (the “Sponsor”). This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. (“SIE Inc.”).
) and Terms of Service (http://www.nexon.net/legal/terms-of-use/?__rlp=1
); and (c) are legal residents of the United States (including Washington, D.C.) or Canada (excluding the province of Québec). Anyone under the age of seventeen (17) years may not participate in the Promotion. Employees, officers and directors of Nexon America Inc., its affiliated companies, agents thereof, the immediate family of any such person (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife), or those with whom such person(s) are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is void where prohibited.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Promotion begins at the time as announced on Sponsor’s game forum thread dedicated to the Promotion (the “Thread”) and on Sponsor’s LawBreakers SONY PlayStationTM Network (“PSN”) page, and ends on August 21, 2017 at 11:59:59 a.m. Pacific Time (the “Promotion Period”). Submissions that are submitted before or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device for this Promotion. Entrant are responsible for calculating the difference in time zones.
5. How to Participate: Entrant should: (a) create a SONY PlayStation® Network account if they do not already have one; (b) join Sponsor’s Official LawBreakers PSN Community during the Promotion Period; and (c) post a comment that includes the phrase “SIGN ME UP” to Sponsor’s Official LawBreakers PSN Community board. Entrant is limited to one (1) entry per person. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter the Promotion will be ineligible to win a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified/not counted (as applicable), or for any error, whether human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, such as using automated retweeting software, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the PSN account that is used to participate in the Promotion will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address registered for the Steam account.
6. Submission Requirements: All comments submitted to Sponsor as part of the Promotion must comply with the following Content Guidelines. Any submission that violates these guidelines will not be eligible to be judged or awarded a prize.
Content Guidelines – entrant’s comment must:
a. Be posted to Sponsor’s Official LawBreakers PSN Community board;
b. Include the phrase “SIGN ME UP”;
c. Not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement;
d. Not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Promotion, or any person or party affiliated with the Promotion, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;
e. Not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
f. Not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
g. Not violate the privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group;
h. Not name or depict any real life third party without his/her permission;
i. Not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
j. Not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the screenshot is created.
7. Winner Selection: Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner at random from among all eligible submissions. The potential winner will be notified after the date of selection via direct message to the potential winner’s valid PSN account. The potential prize winner may be asked to submit additional personal information in order to confirm eligibility and award the prize. The potential prize winner may also be asked to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility or Declaration of Compliance (as may be applicable given the location of the potential prize winner) unless this is prohibited by law. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the notification within the required time period (if applicable), or fails to sign and return the Affidavit or Declaration within the required time period (if applicable), he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
8. Prizes: The winner, once confirmed in accordance with these Official Rules, will receive the following prize:
• One (1) Custom SONY PS4TM (MSRP $800).
Limit one (1) prize per person. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. No cash or other substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor who may substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prizes are not transferable or refundable. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Winner will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt and usage of a prize. Sponsor may report the receipt of any prize to the appropriate federal, state, or local taxing agency(ies).
9. Warranties and Representations: By submitting an entry or otherwise participating in the Promotion, each entrant warrants and represents that at all times the entrant has complied fully with these Official Rules; and the entrant will continue to comply in full with these Official Rules until the Promotion has been completed.
). Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and country and state or province of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. Indemnification: By entering, entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, SIE Inc., and the agents, officers, directors, and employees of each (collectively the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or relating to (a) any technical errors that may prevent entrant from participating in any way; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (c) errors in the administration of the Promotion; and (d) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including any such claim by the Released Parties’ employees or any third parties. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Los Angeles County, California, United States of America. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
13. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes from among the submissions received up to the time of the impairment. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Promotion is void where prohibited.
14. Winners List: Sponsor will publish the identity of the winner no later than thirty (30) days after confirmation in a PSN Official Community Message of the Day on Sponsor’s LawBreakers PSN account or via post to LawBreakers Game Forum (http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/2509/
© 2017 Nexon America Inc. All rights reserved.
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders.
and 17 others.