Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Most OP Character

TuskTusk
LawBreakers Rep: 300
Which Character is Overpowered and deserves a Nerf?
  1. Who Is The Most OP Character?18 votes
    1. Vanguard
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Enforcer
       6% (1 vote)
    3. Titan
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Assassin
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Gunslinger
       50% (9 votes)
    6. Juggernaut
       22% (4 votes)
    7. Battle Medic
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Wraith
       22% (4 votes)

Comments

• IrishcntIrishcnt
    LawBreakers Rep: 440
    Tough one. Every time I think something is OP I work out how to counter it. If anything MAYBE assassin they seem to have a large reach but as long as you don't let them get close they aren't a threat.

I'd need to play a lot more before I vote! As I wouldn't say I die to one more than others. Juggernaut had my number for a while but now I love taking them out
  • MercBerserkMercBerserk
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,820
    edited July 3
    Way too early and at least on PS4 no one had enough time yet to realistically learn the strengths and weakness of each role yet to claim one is more OP over others. Out of the three Heros I have played quite a bit of here is my conclusion so far, none of which I consider OP:

Gunslinger > Wraith
    Wraith > Assassin

All three have quite a bit of a learning curve to do consistently well with. As for the rest, haven't played them yet so hard to say.
    Mamsuh
  • TheGuyTheGuy
    LawBreakers Rep: 330
    juggernaut felt weak with too little power to run or armour and the armour felt like cardboard and the range was short with the mobility being slow so it was hard to get close to people. I think if they increase the range or made the armour better it would be on par but not both otherwise he would become op
    LawMaker
  • TheGuyTheGuy
    LawBreakers Rep: 330
    Nvm he's pretty good just needs the slightest bit more health to be a true juggernaut other than that perfectly fine
  • JeefJeef
    LawBreakers Rep: 535
    edited July 31
    I think gunslinger and wraith really seem to be in a tier above all other characters.
  • MrBlue999999MrBlue999999
    LawBreakers Rep: 300
    edited July 31
    I've played lawbreakers beta since the first closed beta on PC, and the meta is a bit different on console for control reasons. The gunslinger is not OP at all on PC but I think it is on console for one reason and thats the aim assist. The AA is so strong on console, and lawbreakers is such a precise competitive game and I think having the AA as strong as it is makes the gunslinger too strong on console. besides that I think the balancing for characters is going really well.
  • AlexChicago04AlexChicago04
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,100
    The Enforcer still needs nerfing, he felt like the most OP character in the entire Beta.
  • AnfinessenAnfinessen
    LawBreakers Rep: 320
    The Enforcer still needs nerfing, he felt like the most OP character in the entire Beta.

im not entirely sure about that i feel he is a great overall character but op not at all i think its due to how much experience have with this game on console.
  • SubtraxxSubtraxx
    LawBreakers Rep: 410
    Bad players usually request nerfs because they don't know how to play. THERE IS NO NEED TO NERF YET.

All that nerfing does is just ruin the game eventually. I didn't buy this game to have my characters nerfed.
    Raxus001
  • MercBerserkMercBerserk
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,820
    Subtraxx wrote: »
    Bad players usually request nerfs because they don't know how to play. THERE IS NO NEED TO NERF YET.

All that nerfing does is just ruin the game eventually. I didn't buy this game to have my characters nerfed.

I wouldn't start calling people bad when it comes to calling nerfs, not yet at least. Maybe impatient is a better at this point. I think people need to spend more time playing each role to get a better idea of balance. For example, an Assassin is going to have a completely different experience against various roles compared to Titan or Vanguard. Even though this game is not a rock, paper, scissors game like OW, it still has the potential to have certain roles stronger against some and weaker against others. Add various types of maps and objectives to these variables, that could change the strengths and weakness's. I think it also takes time to learn the intricacies of each role, where they perform best and worst and what type of skill ceiling each has.

I am excited to get into this game and plan on spending a lot of time early on with each or at least most of the roles. Part of that reason is to learn where each one shines and where they are weak. I believe that may take me at least 2-3 weeks to get enough play time to get a better grasp on that, assuming I have time to get all that play time in. I am hoping there are no major changes on roles until they collect enough data for this. One weekend is absolutely no where near enough time to make these decisions. In two beta's I can only comfortably say I know one, maybe two roles weakness and strengths.

While I think some roles like GS needs tweaking, I would rather get more play time before committing to that especially if they plan on changing others.