Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Game loads incorrect UI if fail to connect once

hyiumungohyiumungo
LawBreakers Rep: 310
in Bug Reports
Issue: After loading past splash screen game verifies with servers then loads main menu UI. If player fails to verify with servers on first attempt, then attempts reconnecting and succeeds, game loads outdated main menu UI (Instead of Blitzball splash screen background there is Law vs. Breakers fighting 3d background, options to queue into TDM or Objective gametypes are present, which are normally not available as of 2.1)

Comments

• BKP_JakeBKP_Jake
    LawBreakers Rep: 740
    Member, Boss Key
    hyiumungo wrote: »
    Issue: After loading past splash screen game verifies with servers then loads main menu UI. If player fails to verify with servers on first attempt, then attempts reconnecting and succeeds, game loads outdated main menu UI (Instead of Blitzball splash screen background there is Law vs. Breakers fighting 3d background, options to queue into TDM or Objective gametypes are present, which are normally not available as of 2.1)

Hey there thanks for reporting this issue! We will look into this!

This prevents you from playing correct?

Can you try to verify integrity of cache files in steam?

Also, if you have a video of this issue occurring that would be helpful! Thanks again for the report!
  • hyiumungohyiumungo
    BKP_Jake wrote: »
    hyiumungo wrote: »

Hey there thanks for reporting this issue! We will look into this!

This prevents you from playing correct?

Can you try to verify integrity of cache files in steam?

Also, if you have a video of this issue occurring that would be helpful! Thanks again for the report!

Hi, I have made a quick video and hosted it as an unlisted video on Youtube here .

In this video I try logging into the LawBreakers servers with my network disabled, I re-enable my network, then again attempt to login to the servers again. After succeeding on the second attempt you will see that the game loads the incorrect main menu UI. From here I show that you can attempt to queue into gametypes that are no longer available like TDM and Objectives. I then party up with a friend who has logged in normally (Bolt). Together we queue into the Objectives gametype and successfully find a game (the other players had queued into Quickmatch)

Additional testing not shown in video:
    1. The game shows the correct up to date version number in the top left despite having the incorrect main menu UI
    2. Being under the effects of this glitch does not prevent the player from playing the game or accessing related features like character customization or sending messages
    3. Partying up with a player does not cause any apparent issues

After recording this video I verified the integrity of my game files on steam and did not have any errors, so this should be reproducable on any PC version of the game on version 2.1.0.

Thanks for your time.

• hyiumungohyiumungo
    Addendum: Experiencing this bug with the incorrect main menu UI does not seem to affect the gameplay in any manner.