Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

[PS4 aim cursor] - changing colors is broke

sporesspores
LawBreakers Rep: 925
in Technical Issues
under > options > game > simple reticle style color > the very last option on the bottom, every time I change it to different colors and save it does not change in-game.

is it suppose to change the aim cursor color so you could see it better? because it does not change at all. even when targeting enemies.
I was really excited about this new addition in the update but it seems to be broke.

Comments

• BKP_VidiousBKP_Vidious
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,200
    Member, Boss Key
    edited November 10
    The last option is "Weapon Specific."

If you notice the naming convention of the other 3 options, they all say "Simple." The simple tag denotes that the options below will edit those reticles.
    • Simple Dot
    • Simple Circle
    • Simple Crosshair

• Simple Reticle Opacty
    • Simple Reticle Style Color

The final option for Weapon Specific reticles is the original ones that were in the game before this new option. Those reticles all have unique animations for each role. Allowing them to have edited colors and opacity is a much more intensive change for our dev team.

Currently, Weapon Specific reticles are not changed by the Simple Reticle Opacity and Color settings.

• sporesspores
    The last option is "Weapon Specific."

If you notice the naming convention of the other 3 options, they all say "Simple." The simple tag denotes that the options below will edit those reticles.
    • Simple Dot
    • Simple Circle
    • Simple Crosshair

• Simple Reticle Opacty
    • Simple Reticle Style Color

The final option for Weapon Specific reticles is the original ones that were in the game before this new option. Those reticles all have unique animations for each role. Allowing them to have edited colors and opacity is a much more intensive change for our dev team.

Currently, Weapon Specific reticles are not changed by the Simple Reticle Opacity and Color settings.

actually the last option is not " weapon specific.
    maybe its different on PC but I'm on PS4

the options proceed like this:

starting from the 4th option at the bottom to the last

enable in-game tool tips: yes or no

reticle style: weapon specific or simple circle or simple dot or simple crosshair

simple reticle style opacity: 0

simple reticle style color: blue or yellow or green, etc

confused a bit by the way you explained it because the options you stated are laid out a bit different but I understand now that you cannot change the "weapon specific color, only if you pick the simple reticles options from reticle style category.

• sporesspores
    also when I change to simple reticle dot it completely deletes the reticle all together in the game, making my cross-hair blank.
    This seriously needs to be looked at. I don't have a cross-hair aim anymore. how could I even play now?

I'll start a new technical bug thread later with photos attached as proof if this doesnt get brought to attention.
  • sporesspores
    Never mind it’s all good and working.
    The Opacity is reversed. Usually when photo editing the more opacity the more see through it is. But this game has it opposite. The more opacity the less see through it is. I had mine at zero which made the reticle blank. Everything A-Ok :)