Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Xim, mouse and keyboard on ps4. Is this cheating?

smile64smile64
LawBreakers Rep: 630
Mouse and keyboard give absolute advantage against gamepads, players who use xim must be banned.
DoomFraFlickshotXXLCapriSun_Guy

Comments

• DiaboloDiabolo
    LawBreakers Rep: 670
    Agreed.
    I figured out and supposed there was something wrong like that because I may be not the best and the most skilled player on shooting games, I'm always able to take a few frags and win several duels.
    However it's not possible against a few players sometimes gathered in a full team of killers.
    If people want to play PC-Style, they have to go on PC.
    I want to lay on my couch, switch on my console, take my gamepad, chill out and have fun with a good game.
    I don't want to be crushed again and again by opponents who have a significant aiming advantage.
    We just can't compete and they ruin the game.
    DoomFraFlickshotXXL
  • calabokcalabok
    LawBreakers Rep: 460
    Not sure if you can detect XIM connected to PS4.
    I don't really like the idea of someone using mouse+KB on PS4, but some people say that it's not really an advantage, just an alternative way of input. Personally I know one player in LawBreakers who use KB and mouse and he plays quite good, though I don't know if he really is skilled AF or is it mouse+KB giving him advantage. BTW, he lowered aim assist to minimum.
    That being said I never used XIM4 myself and none of my friends did, so I don't have reliable first hand info about it, but still I'd prefer everyone use a controller on PS4 though.
    DoomFraFlickshotXXL
  • smile64smile64
    What do think boss key about keyboard+mouse ps4 players?
    DoomFra
  • calabokcalabok
    Yes, actually, it's interesting to know what Devs think about this matter as well as other players.
    DoomFra
  • FlickshotXXLFlickshotXXL
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,535
    Whenever someone purchases a PS4, can we find a mouse + keyboard?
    A6V6_131299339860251013RMkWnTam1Q.jpg

No. Then, mouse & keyboard users on PS4 should be banned. Those who player on gaming consoles expect that everyone online uses game controllers.
    Mouse & keyboard might not be a ''hack'', but it is still a soft form of cheating.
  • codeninjacodeninja
    LawBreakers Rep: 675
    i don't agree with banning them. where does this stop? i have a controller that i modified to add extra buttons under the handle. it certainly makes life easier for pressing x and o - no longer have to take my thumb off the right stick.

people buy Scuf controllers and can get 4 paddles on them, to replace all button from the game pad.

is that cheating? should i be banned for using that controller?

what about controllers that have macros in them, and allow you to do really hard combos with a single button click? should we ban them? how do we ban them? this can't be detected.

and when do the bans stop?

people will always pay to win in any way they can

what if I have better internet than anyone else in the lobby with a 30 ping and everyone else is at 150+? should i be banned because i paid for better internet and it gave me an advantage?

what if i'm a disabled gamer, and mouse + keyboard is literally the only option i have because i can't hold a controller but i can use a specialized keyboard?

or if i have to use eye tracking input to aim because i can't use a thumb stick?

when you start down the path, you not only create technical impossibilities (because it's the PS4 that supports this through the addition of external hardware), but also create an exclusionary environment where you tell certain people that they aren't allowed to play games they love.

i'll draw lines in the sand at toxic behavior. if you can't play nicely with other people, then you get banned.

clearly this is entirely up to the team at BossKey and any enforceable code of conduct, end user license agreement, etc. bosskey gets to do what they want, within the confines of PS4, in this case.

but to exclude several classes of player because you don't like that someone paid for a hardware / input advantage? that's not ok.
  • DiaboloDiabolo
    LawBreakers Rep: 670
    @codeninja

I understand your point and I agree that it wouldn't be simple to solve the problem if it would even be supposed to be solved.
    But there is a problem.
    I share my free limited time on several games and, if I'm ok to have a hard time while climbing on the learning curve of a new game, I'm not ok to be systematically crushed and finish the match with a 1/30 kill/death ratio after several months of playing. That's no fun at all and I've plenty of games that I can rather enjoy online eventhough I'm not a superskilled champion.
    So actually, I don't know if some players use the mouse+keyboard combo, I don't know if LawBreakers' playerbase is #skilledAF (like BossKey wanted it to be) whereas I suck like a scrub and I don't know if there are killer beasts with a 90% target success on a gamepad.
    The thing I know is that I have a lot of fun playing Overwatch, Doom, Titanfall 2 and Gears of War 4 at the moment and I don't want to waste my time on a game on which I have no chance to shine at least sometimes.
    Yesterday I launched a session on LawBreakers for the 2XP event and, again, I got blasted from everywhere without being able to score anything. This plus the lack of (graphics + audio) optimization on PS4 Pro results in me considering giving up on this game for now.
    Maybe the playerbase will grow in the next future so that the matchmaking gathers more players of the same level/stats more efficiently.
    Maybe the devs will polish the game and update it with quality standards we are justified to expect from a game running on a PS4 Pro.
    In the meantime, I will probably be off and the guys using mouse+keyboard will play without me.
  • calabokcalabok
    After all the main problem here is low playerbase. In my opinion not many people use KB+M in general and if there were 100,000 players, you just leave a lobby where you think someone is using a KB+M and find another one. Most likely you won't even think too much about it... Well, I've got stomped, I'll try another lobby. In current LawBreakers when very good players are online, it's either you play and got dominated or you go play something else :)
    Unless you get into their team, and then it's not fun too as you can as well stand on the spawn or go f*cking around, enjoying Promenade's view or whatever and still win the match. So bottom line - we need more players :)
  • codeninjacodeninja
    LawBreakers Rep: 675
    @Diabolo this is a low playerbase problem, exactly like @calabok said.

i know most of the best players on PS4, and there might be 2 of them that use mouse & keyboard. the rest will stomp all over me with a standard controller or Scuf controller.

the game needs more players, not less. banning players because of MnK will just make people hate the game even more, and lose players, which will make the problems 100x worse, not better.
  • smile64smile64
    @codeninja must be checked first xD. If u not understand what difference between kvm and gamepad just look at DreamHack Grand Finals. Gamepads vs kbm is like paralympians vs olympians=)