Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Harrier Health

Cpt_FantabulousCpt_Fantabulous
LawBreakers Rep: 1,230
in Role Feedback
So I don't really play Harrier, I don't find it a very fun class tbh, so I don't recall how much health it had previously.

However now it has way way too much health.

The fact that the Harrier, a class that is supposed to be hanging back from the fight, has more health than the Vanguard is insane.

This, coupled with its extremely high mobility which easily puts it up with the Vanguard, assassin and wraith, means that on Maps like Vertigo. Ones with large Zero-G areas, it is basically the only class worth using. Since it can move nearly as fast as those other classes but without the limitations of any of them. Add to that the fact that it is more durable than any of them and you have a real shitty situation.

I previously though that the problem with the Harrier had more to do with the player but I now see that it actually a crutch for bad players. Since you can stand up to much more hurt than any of the other classes whilst still putting out a lot of damage.

This is all before we even get to the self heal they have.

I think the Harrier really should have its health dropped to be in line with the Gunslinger since they fit into the same postion.
TheNewKidd

Comments

• TheNewKiddTheNewKidd
    LawBreakers Rep: 810
    I have to agree with you. The Harrier has too much mobility, damage, and sustain with their heal + refuel to have as much health as they do. This class is a bloated dps not a healer/support. The damage buff of the right click should probably also be lowered.
  • iLikeCookiesQiLikeCookiesQ
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,920
    I agree that harrier is too survivable, but saying that it doesn't make sense that harrier has more health than vanguard doesn't make sense to me (badum ts).

Vanguard has much higher damage output, so you need to be able to kill them faster. What I would change on harrier, is that taking damage stops the healing from his own supercharger. This would only apply to the harrier himself, not to teammates. Right now, the self heals are just a bit too good IMO.
  • Cpt_FantabulousCpt_Fantabulous
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,230
    I agree that harrier is too survivable, but saying that it doesn't make sense that harrier has more health than vanguard doesn't make sense to me (badum ts).

Vanguard has much higher damage output, so you need to be able to kill them faster. What I would change on harrier, is that taking damage stops the healing from his own supercharger. This would only apply to the harrier himself, not to teammates. Right now, the self heals are just a bit too good IMO.

see i think the inaccuracy of the Vanguard balances out the damage out put. Harrier does less DPS on a technical level but it is able to do that out to much higher ranges with no loss from bullet spread. That means that the Harrier can hound players much more effectively than the Vanguard really can most of the time. Thats ignoring the fact that the harrier can do damage simply by moving.