Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Rapid Fire Dev Update | Boss Leagues Sneak Peek

LumosNXALumosNXA
LawBreakers Rep: 2,770
Member, Administrator, Nexon
edited October 6 in Official News
A new Dev Update has arrived! Boss Key Productions brings you a sneak peek of the next All-Star update, Boss Leagues, and more!

MARL3Y_JRealmjumper

Comments

• iLikeCookiesQiLikeCookiesQ
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,920
    I'm kinda worried about that point system being a copy of the current scoring system. (This system is really bad, doesn't measure contribution, disincentivizes playing to win)

People are going to be playing for points when you make score based rating gains, and that isn't good.
    Capping the home point with 3 players in turf war is really bad play, and this point system incentivizes it.
    Running the ball with enforcer isn't as good as running it with gunslinger or assassin, and ball pickup/capture giving points will cause people to make bad plays for the sake of points.

Doing an annihilation gives +250 points, while it has no extra contribution over 5 kills spread differently across the enemy team. Same for multikills. Just because you happened to lasthit you get disproportionate reward.

When your team wipes the enemy team, and takes the battery from their base, does it really matter who picks up the battery? Why should they get points? The battery is taken as a team, not as an individual player.

The blitzball should be capped as a team too, where the ball carrier goes in last, while the rest of his team tries to get frags or distract the enemy.

Rushing the ball in like an idiot and handing it to the enemy team is a detriment to your team, because you are dead, and the enemy team has the ball. Rush capping should not be encouraged with personal points for ball caps.

While your team caps a turf war point, as the mobile class you should be moving on to contest another point, not wait around for the +350 for the capture. The point system incentivizes bad play.

I listed a few examples of why the current scoring system is bad. It needs to be reworked if it is going to be used for ranked.
  • LlamatronLlamatron
    LawBreakers Rep: 410
    Did I miss something or is it just like the xp grind ?
  • Cpt_FantabulousCpt_Fantabulous
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,230
    So when the boss leagues launch will everyone start at the bottom or will your MMR carry over from quick play?
  • AlexChicago04AlexChicago04
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,100
    Will there be placement matches?
  • iLikeCookiesQiLikeCookiesQ
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,920
    Everyone will start on bronze they said.
  • Cpt_FantabulousCpt_Fantabulous
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,230
    I would like it if they gave us dates for when these things are actually going to be added to the game.

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad they are keeping this stuff up and I am looking forward to the Ranked play but I would like to at least know "Hey we are aiming to have this in your hands around about X date"
    Eximius
  • BrittalityBrittality
    LawBreakers Rep: 4,405
    Member, Boss Key
    Hey guys! We're so excited to bring you Boss Leagues! Just wanted to jump in and let you know we'll have more info on specifics very soon and answer all the questions we can regarding what Boss Leagues entail.
    Cpt_FantabulousRealmjumper