Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

The ultimate combat guide for LawBreakers

FlickshotXXLFlickshotXXL
LawBreakers Rep: 1,655
in Community Guides
In this guide we will cover the fundamental combat skills and knowledge that you need to succeed as a FPS player in LawBreakers. Those combat skills are also transferable to other FPS games. However, you won't find many FPS games as skill-based as LawBreakers.

The ultimate combat guide for LawBreakers
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1153324839

Vapidlindanator

Comments

• Emerald_PoisonEmerald_Poison
    LawBreakers Rep: 430
    I'm so sorry but this makes so many assumptions towards whats going on that you simply have a lot of want to believe in importance of categories without the game having the need. That pyramid is just ridiculous, the mind games only exist within the game type ect. As well as the player movement, it doesn't exist in any way above the mechanics of the game and its controls. Sure you're comprehension of the variables can be above the current state of play, but that isn't being above "stuck reacting to what your opponents are doing". I'd honestly go as far as to say the understanding of tactics suggested in this is irrational, you start off by describing aiming well, then go into map movement, go back to maximizing damage, go back to a point you should of brought up in map movement, never mention skill timers and continue to barely get into one of the most important areas of play, teamplay. You end on a large portion of motivational talk that is really grasping for logic to fuel itself. Player input, map knowledge, teamplay is the way this guide comes across, with portions spilled into eachother.

I wouldn't suggest this article to new players because it doesn't break down the toolset, in fact it doesn't care to mention most of what the game has to offer or how it can compare. You do mention that keeping close to your team can be a negative because of AoE damage, you mention you need to get damage out of your skills, you mentioned that reload times exists and need to be accounted for, but any semblance of skill interplay and discussion isn't there. Even if the majority of the movement abilities work in tandem with harriers alternate ability you don't see value in that and half a mention to team comp in the teamplay section. Enforcer less benefited by crossfire, titan trading life+ammo for movement ect.

I just hope you understand the majority of what you describe in this explanation is vague concepts of skill that only get the to the levels of comprehension this guide asks for with a good sum of play behind the belt already. The skillsets you have learned over the time you've played and should be sharing aren't in this, just a description of your personal path glory poorly charted out. Most people get that when their told to make sure to run the game at +90 fps and consider FOV as a competitive skill slider at the start .
  • FlickshotXXLFlickshotXXL
    This ultimate combat guide could have been renamed ''How to play FPS games'' as it explains the core fundamental skills of combat, skills that are transferable from one game to another. This isn't a guide that cover any role specifically. It gives you the knowledge that you need to know to approach any role or any game. However, it was specifically written for players of LawBreakers and I'll keep adding content and video samples during my free time. It's a living project.
    That pyramid is just ridiculous, the mind games only exist within the game type ect.

Sounds like you just didn't understood the meaning of that image. To say ''mind games within gametypes'' makes no sense to begin with.

1. Players start with their gaming environment (gaming monitor, PC hardware, mouse, etc.).
    2. Then they have to learn the basics of game controls.
    3. Learn and master the player movements
    4. How to use the weapons.
    5. How to take advantage of their environment.
    6. How to play different gametypes.
    7. Etc.
    8. And at the top of everything, you have mind games. And the amount of mind games required depends from one game to another. Mind games rule all the above. Or if you look at the image, the pyramid, it's the highest law that rules all the others. It's the mind of a player that decide when to shoot, how to move, how to play, etc. So you don't want to react to another player, you want to control him. As it is written in the guide, but I'm not sure you read it.
    Vapidlindanator
    Big post
    Since you complained about the different categories...
    • Maximize your sight & cover your back
    • Optimize your mouse movements
    • Minimize your exposure

We were subsets of ''Aiming''. Hopefully, now that they are directly within aiming will make more sense to you.
    The guide has been recently deleted. Expect the lovely competitive community of LawBreakers to provide greater guides in a near future. ;)