Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Beta 2 Tips and Tricks - Play better. Play Smarter

PexPex
LawBreakers Rep: 3,140
Member, Administrator
edited May 17 in General PC Discussion
Hey, all.

We have a couple tips and tricks for you, but we also wanted everyone to post their own. What are some things players can do to help them navigate LawBreakers. Gameplay or technical, doesn't matter. Let's hear it!

1: Press "I" to "Inspect" your weapons.
giphy.gif

2: Press "F" to kick. Seriously, do this. It's excellent, especially to kick people off the battery or keep an assassin away from you.
giphy.gif

3: Press "F1" to check out your role's kit
giphy.gif

4: Use "CTRL" to shoot behind you. You may get a kill when being chased, but mostly it propels you across zero-g zones REALLY fast.
giphy.gif

5: When you go into a custom game, the host (designated by a crown beside their handle) must go in to Match Settings and hit the start button at the bottom of this menu. Note: We know it's weird and will be making adjustments in the future. The minimum requirement to begin a custom game is 1 person. If you send an invite to a player, the invite will remain on screen and they will not be able to begin the match until that person joins.
giphy.gif

6: Discord - Settings for voice chat should carry over to the game, but if it doesn't, press "V" to talk. From one of our Engineers - "If you're already in a room and you have auto join on, it will ask you if you want to join if you don't have auto join, there is not yet a way to manually join, we need to add that there is no leave button too yet, and the player Mute option only mutes text chat for now. though if you really want to leave right now the only workaround is to reduce the voice chat volume to 0"

OK, your turn. let's hear some ideas to help everyone enjoy LB more for the Beta!
TheNewKiddChefLubuAnomityPkiMxD

Comments

• NuckelaveeNuckelavee
    LawBreakers Rep: 200
    Oh thank you! I'll be playing for the first time tomorrow so its really nice to be able to know this stuff.
  • Human_ToxinHuman_Toxin
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,020
    edited May 18
    Don't forget that the Assassin's flux blast (E) leaves behind a field that deflects bullets and projectiles for a short duration. You can use this to get rid of the Enforcer's rockets, for example.
  • KangaJooKangaJoo
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,935
    Don't forget that the Assassin's flux blast (E) leaves behind a field that deflects bullets and projectiles for a short duration. You can use this to get rid of the Enforcer's rockets, for example.

It actually only reflects projectiles. Bullets still work. There's a lore explanation about how the bullets are made from some fictional element but idr it exactly.
  • BKP_VidiousBKP_Vidious
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,200
    Member, Boss Key
    edited May 18
    A few of my favorite things.

Wraith tips:
    • Holding Shift while slightly (2 ft) above the ground will actually pull the Wraith down faster to do the slide
    • The E Stinger knife blows up after a few seconds, or if your team mates shoots it. But the knife has to land before it can be detonated.
    • You can perform any other ability during the Shift slide ability, including kick, alt-fire Wasp stab, blind firing, forward firing, or throwing out your slow time Key ability.

Titan tips:
    • Titan is not slow! Look upwards at a 65 degree angle + hold down CTRL, then tap Spacebar to perform a blind fire rocket jump into low G and move as fast as anyone else. Can follow up with Shift Pulverize mid-air.
    • Neutron mines attach to your team mates back if thrown at them. This allows your team mate to jump into a flight and CC the enemy pretty hard, catching them by surprise!
    • My all time favorite Titan combo is to blind fire rocket jump into low G, then activate the Berserk Key ability to fly at the enemy's face while spewing lightning and terrifying them.
    Realmjumper
  • PexPex
    LawBreakers Rep: 3,140
    Member, Administrator
    Want to change the language of the game? There isn't an option in the setting set yet, but you can try this:

"You can either change your language setting in windows or add a command line parameter to launch the game with: -culture=EN"
  • BilboFragginsBilboFraggins
    LawBreakers Rep: 430
    Boss Key
    KangaJoo wrote: »

It actually only reflects projectiles. Bullets still work. There's a lore explanation about how the bullets are made from some fictional element but idr it exactly.

That is correct. Standard bullets in LawBreaker's lore are fired from weapons powered by Hadronium or the bullet itself is encased in a Hadronium-charged metal, allowing the projectiles to live in a near-vacuum bubble. Combined with that Hadronium charge and traveling at sub-light speeds, they're capable of defying and effectively negating gravitational anomalies (such as the one created by an Assassin's Flux effect).
    AnomityP
  • YuriKellerYuriKeller
    LawBreakers Rep: 630
    Pex wrote: »
    You can either change your language setting in windows or ...
    Thx for the info. Really confused me on first start...
    But: Why system language? Why not use the language set in Steam as default like every other game out there?
  • ChefLubuChefLubu
    LawBreakers Rep: 415
    Kick regularly, kick constantly. If you're a large target and something is within spitting range, you can kick the dogshit out of it.
    OneLetterFeikuRealmjumperkiMxD
  • Human_ToxinHuman_Toxin
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,020
    edited May 20
    KangaJoo wrote: »

That is correct. Standard bullets in LawBreaker's lore are fired from weapons powered by Hadronium or the bullet itself is encased in a Hadronium-charged metal, allowing the projectiles to live in a near-vacuum bubble. Combined with that Hadronium charge and traveling at sub-light speeds, they're capable of defying and effectively negating gravitational anomalies (such as the one created by an Assassin's Flux effect).

Well tbh I wasn't sure about what it deflects and what not, so thanks for clearing that up

Another hint: you can keep your momentum for a short time after leaving zero-g by timing your jumps to perform so called 'skip-jumps'.
    Realmjumper
  • AnomityPAnomityP
    LawBreakers Rep: 310
    Thanks for the info, was really confused about the custom game thing
    OneLetter
  • kiMxDkiMxD
    LawBreakers Rep: 100
    The best tip? Approve my email for the closed beta! :)
    Just "heard" about the game through youtube add and got really excited!

Let me in! :P
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    LawBreakers Rep: 8,065
    kiMxD wrote: »
    The best tip? Approve my email for the closed beta! :)
    Just "heard" about the game through youtube add and got really excited!

Let me in! :P

Quite the tip there. ;) We send out more keys with each Beta test, so stay tuned.