Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Closed Beta 1 Feedback - Megathread

PexPex
LawBreakers Rep: 3,140
edited March 20, 2017 in Beta Gameplay Feedback & Suggestions
Hey all. I'm spending the morning going over the forums, Discord, Twitter, Steam, Facebook, YouTube, and hell, even Instagram to collect feedback from CB1. Not everyone wants to write a big post, so I thought I'd make a thread for some concise, direct feedback. Here's how it will work so we can keep everything orderly:

Post your top 1-3 issues and how you would address it. Try to keep it short, but feel free to link to another post or go as long as you'd like. I'd also like everyone to post at least one thing that they think is working great.

If you've already written a post, you don't have to double-post, unless you want to. You can provide a link with a 1/2 summary. I'll be collecting all the feedback, not just from this thread.

Example:
1. Issue: The gunslinger's ammo count is on his gun which is hard to see.
2. The Fix: Put everyone's current ammo count as UI in the same place on the screen so everyone can see it.

1. Good Stuff: The new Station map is very cool, especially the giant aquarium and zero-g zone.

We really want to hear from everyone!

Thanks!

1. Issue:
2. The Fix:

1. Good Stuff:
FloatingClouds

Comments

• AmerikaAmerika
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,960
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 20, 2017
    Issues in no particular order

Issue 1: The Enforcer's kit is way too good compared to the rest of the characters in the game.
    Fix: Introduce either more damage falloff for his range or increase spread faster, make bloodhounds not track and be fire and forget...they are too good in low grav right now where even dashing on the Gunslinger won't avoid them making them feel cheap since they don't even need to be aimed, lower the effective time of the EMP as it gives an enforcer a monster advantage in every 1v1 scenario where he has it up and reduce the splash zone, remove all DPS/reload increases with his speed aura as the utility of working on teammates is enough and it gives him a massive ADAD advantage and it's always up and ready for use in virtually every fight. The Gunslinger's right click should also have some more damage falloff introduced as well.

Issue 2: The UI is a lot of form and very little function. One of your examples is the Gunslinger's ammo being hard to see but that is true of all classes.
    Fix: Make the UI have all relevant information. Preferably centered or near center for ammo counts and HP or the option to move these elements to the center. Small quality of life changes goes a long way in regards to player retention. A lot of animosity can be built up over time with long term players if things like the UI that looks flashy and good in screenshots isn't very functional and becomes frustrating.

Issue 3: Overcharge is not a good game mode and has multiple issues from a casual and pro perspective
    Fix: I wrote a whole thread discussing the issues and potential fixes here - http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/comment/4480

Issue 4 (bonus round): Add support for either binds per character or UI support for alternate binds for the same ability
    Fix/logic: The Gunslinger, for example, has a teleport ability and you can teleport in almost every direction. This ability would best be placed on the mouse so that you can easily press any direction key and teleport without having issues. Currently I can't teleport to the left very easily. I believe this can be remedied by modifying the .ini file for user binds but that isn't a great solution for everyone.

Things I love:

Gameplay systems:
    Movement speed, fluidity and cooldowns all feel immensely better. Lawbreakers during the alpha felt like it's cooldown and movement system was designed by people who were more into MOBA's than FPS games or were very scared that people would not enjoy a solid movement system. It seems like you guys got past that and I love all of the movement options and relaxed cooldowns. Great job!!

Maps:
    So far, they are pretty great. The map with the gravity spheres that lets you spin around them is by far my favorite and those spheres are pure genius and offer another level of control and play.

The developer interaction:
    BKP and Nexon have simply been amazing in all aspects so far. Your interaction with players and how professional you guys remain is simply top notch and I appreciate how well you've responded to community questions, feedback and concerns. Thank you!
    PrivateButtsLanceliogsKedgie
  • TyceraxTycerax
    LawBreakers Rep: 615
    Issue 1: No 21:9 support. Screen and UI cuts horizontally.
    Fix: Add 21:9 support? (:

Issue 2: Sometimes the game end score screen is derived from another match. I don't know how or why this happens but yeah...
    Screenshot: S2U5apn.jpg
    Notice that there's no "Tycerax" in it. (:
    Fix: I'm not a programmer. (:

Issue 3: Sometimes the game refuses to spawn you in the game. The game is ongoing in the background and there's nothing the player can do; other than to exit the lobby/matchmaking and re-enter.
    Screenshot: X9qknXp.jpg
    Fix: I'm still not a programmer. (:

Issue 4 (Minor): It's very hard to foresee when Assassin's grapple ability recharges (because it's a bar and there's no "countdown").
    Fix: Adding refilling animation to the bar would solve the problem.

Issue 5: Assassin's attacks cause her to "wobble" and therefore your eyes spend a lot of precious time to readjust themselves to the screen. In those moments a couple of things can happen:
    1 - You frantically turn the mouse around to see the enemy, alive or dead.
    2 - The enemy uses an ability to disorient you more and you'll be dead in the consecutive seconds.
    3 - The enemy runs away to an unknown place and you lose the kill.
    Fix: Slim down the wobble animation to a certain degree that it still does its job while not being a nuisance.

Issue 6: I didn't feel the "I'm hitting the enemy" feel; the "oomph" feel. This might be the fault of sound design as it kinda fails to deliver the blows.
    Fix: That might also be a personal issue so I don't know what to say here.

Issue 7: The Stash Box menu intro animation takes too long. You want the players to feel excited, I know but when you enter 2 or 3 times, it loses its charm.
    Fix: A shorter animation would be better.

What I liked:
    - The manoeuvrability of the characters, especially Assassin. Though the "dash" feels a bit like "boost" rather than "dashing" (because it propels you upwards too) generally movement was spot on.
    - General level design. Levels have lots of entry/exit points to track and covers to use.
  • Agent_GreenAgent_Green
    LawBreakers Rep: 625
    edited March 20, 2017
    1. Issue: objective markers obscure the people you need to kill standing on the objective
    Fix: adjust opacity when looking at an objective such that enemy players become easier to see

2. Issue: hit-scan characters feel like they beat out projectile characters in gravity anomalies, especially at range
    Fix: increase the damage fall-off such that projectile heros don't feel like by the time they are in range the fight is already won or lost

3. Issue: enforcer emp is ridiculously powerful, and is easily spammed, especially when 2 or more enforcers are on a team
    Fix: change the effect so that you are only effected by an emp for a maximum time or change it to only apply the effect on impact, also reduce what it effects -preferably just movement, but not a complete disabling. Maybe just drain some movement juice?

Love the new voice-lines, and want to see more gravity balls like the ones on the station map - the movement around them after a bit of practice was super fun to take advantage of. Had many super intense moments trying to solo contest opponent's capture point in turf war, or sneaking out a battery from under a dominating team - and think they are both rather fun, exciting and tense to spectate (twitch streams - would love to see an in-game spectate option or demos) when the fps gods find a match against each-other.
  • ShawnReardon97ShawnReardon97
    LawBreakers Rep: 600
    Issue 1: Assassin Shotgun

Fix: Perhaps only have the charged shot (alt fire). Increase the damage on it slightly which would create the gameplay loop of: land charge shot > dash/hook > final 1/2 slices >Dead.

Issue 2: Enforcer Ultimate and overall strength, Players with shooter backgrounds are far to dominate when play the Enforcer. The Ult specifically feels like their "get out of jail free" card. Most ults feel skillful. That one feels like "ooops i screwed up, I guess I press Q to win"

Fix: Personally I would try a total reworking of the ult while leaving the rest mostly untouched. I know you didn't want a full time sniper (which is why Gunslinger exist) But maybe he can pull one out for a short period. Seems to fit his users play styles of be very accurate with their shots. Sort of just made that sniper thing up while I was typing, just a thought., you may have already tried something similar before.

He may need some other changes, but I am not sure that the average player does well with him as it stands, so that may cripple him to the vast majority of players.

Issue 3: Turf War with uncoordinated teams.

Of course this affects almost all modes in many games but it seems to be worse for me in this mode. The quick captures and "locking" of points this mode has makes it near impossible to play when your teammates are treating the mode more like TDM. Many games no one on my team cared to go to the capture points. It makes playing the game a chore as you get slaughtered trying to contest a hill alone.

In closed beta you would think many players would actually try to play it correctly as they are "more serious" than your average guy who just stumbled into a purchase. But I found that not be true. Perhaps a ranked playlist down the line would solve it. Perhaps not. Even teams that are trying to win have a hard time figuring out how to send 3 B and 2 to the hill at your spawn. The mode allows for little time to react and can become nearly mathematically impossible to comeback in if you get 2-1 to many rounds early.

I feel like the mode does not allow enough time for players not on Discord or other chat to figure their out and that the game doesn't currently incentives average players to try contesting hills.

Issue 4: Juggernaut Kit

I don't feels as though the melee/alt fire/stab feels impactful enough. It almost at times feels weaker than my already close range shotgun. Why should I try to close the gap for what seems to be a minimal difference?

Fix/Solution: It could just require a more satisfying animation/audio. Sometimes I can barley tell if I hit them. Maybe I am doing more damage than I am perceiving.

However I think really that it should be doing more damage than it currently is. Shoot > Stab > Shoot isn't probably going to kill most people right not. However Assassin has a similar pattern, kills faster, and has more dynamic harder to track movement with easier to land melee. Jugg runs straight forward, has a harder to land melee and does less damage. Making the melee feel like more of a last resort panic button than a real part of the kit.

I made a video talking about a lot of this and a little more but this is most of the key points. Not sure if I made the points better on the video or not. https://youtube.com/watch?v=5r4DrJdukj0

• DerkynDerkyn
    LawBreakers Rep: 395
    edited March 20, 2017
    1. Issue: the healing got better but still makes the game a lot about killing then going to health station. The health packs helped a lot to the squishy classes, but characters like titan and juggernaut have to go always to health station if they are not defending with a medic.
    fix: put more health packs, move some that are in bad places (the ones that are in the passages in the first level), and make some that heals more for the tanks.

2. Issue: the game is very dependent of CD because of the ultimates and some other skills, this makes the best strategy to wait for them then proceed to team fight. The issue is not that bad like in Overwatch, but I think that the game is very dependent on the CD and ultimate in doing multikills.
    Fix: experience and test with lower cds in skills, lower is always better. The design of the depht of managing resources is not always right I prefer to being able to do a lot of things and die because bad decisions. Still this got a lot better since the alpha and now is almost right.

3. Issue: The HUD still needs improvement, although the sound feedback is a lot better than in alpha. Still is difficult for me to know in a combat how many health I have left, how many ammo or even some HUD is too big that I don't see.
    fix: is difficult for me to improve it without testing, but maybe changing the health with a yellow, orange or stronger red when you are not full. Put the ammo in the HUD, make the objetives trasparents...

4.Issue: when you play assasin, the blades gives bad feedback about hit detection, I wasted a lot of time pursuing someone that I was not hitting when I could jump into him. The animations are too really weird to notice the hit.
    fix: it needs maybe blood trail, or some slash trail that you can see and know what distance are you hitting. The animations are weirds and I think it would benefit from slower animations with more damage so you can see and make decisions of when to hit, instead of spamming the left click.

The good: the game improved a lot since the alpha, is a lot faster ,more fluid, the ttk feels better and the new levels are good. (aquarium my favorite, maybe because is the most closed ) The new classes are cool and makes the game more fun.
  • KiraysKirays
    LawBreakers Rep: 620
    I was already looking for a thread like this. :)

Issue 1: The UI is a little too big for my preference.
    Fix: Add a slider to adjust the size and perhaps make objective icons transparent as mentioned above. Other crosshair options would be cool, too.

Issue 2: I found myself losing sight on what is going on in-game due to graphical effects. They can be neat but it's distracting at the same time.
    Fix: Add more settings to reduce the eye candy.

This thread catched my view and I like the suggested changes a lot: http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/1057/opinions-on-balance-from-an-fps-veteran

The good: It's faster, has more maps and generally runs more stable, yay!
  • stabbyroguestabbyrogue
    LawBreakers Rep: 450
    edited March 20, 2017
    "Issue" 1 - Noob move on my part here, but I got stuck in a 3v3 waiting-for-players (skirmish? run around and can still trade bullets but no kills count) for.... 30+ minutes before I realized that no more players were going to join. The reason for nobody else joining may have been that it was ~7 AM EST, but I suspect it was a technical issue filling the group (not sure if match making is based on how green my play history is).

The fix: It would be pretty cool for a flat out murder-match if the game could just roll with 3v3 or 4v4.

The cool: It is fun to engage the enemy while you wait. I made a post about stash boxes contents disappearing due to match popping, so maybe we could view/open stash boxes while we wait? (I know ideally, there isn't much of a wait.)

Edited because I failed to read the "Read entire instructions first. ...#8: Don't fill out answers on #2, #3, or #6." *filled out 2, 3, and 6 like ten minutes ago*

Pex
  • stabbyroguestabbyrogue
    edited March 20, 2017
    "Issue" 2 - I found it wasn't obvious when my abilities finished their cooldowns.

The fix: In the frantic holy--was-that-a-player?!-*unloads entire cartridge at a sticker* moments, having both an obvious visual queue as well as an audio queue would be immensely helpful. I fully realize that I may have had audial-visual over stimulation and missed those queues, but having a raised pitch "voip!" noise or a gong noise (something super obvious - like when you're getting your kicked in by the tanto-wielding psychopaths) for power cooldowns is ideal (particularly the super, which I found I was barely using because I couldn't remove my eyes from center screen, and only noticed I hadn't used it until I was dead).

The cool: The imminent death audial alert from the tanto-wielding FU class is a perfect example of an distinct and obvious queue (in this case a "kiss your ass goodbye" queue >_>).

Pex
  • stabbyroguestabbyrogue
    One of my biggest complains about Overwatch is that a main mechanic in the game is character-switching. When I played in the beta and after the game launched, I had absolutely no idea that this was important and I felt then at least that the game didn't stress this mechanic (and, yes, I may have rolled a critical miss on Perception on both of these occasions. Er, and maybe on some of the stuff I posted above as well...). So I lost a bunch and became frustrated with the game. I essentially hate playing it.

At some obvious point in LawBreakers, however (maybe as soon as I was dead?), the UI prominently displayed "PRESS 'C' TO CHANGE CHARACTER" - and Light Dawns on Marblehead! Derp. I just wanted to note how incredibly frustrating it was to play Overwatch,and not know this, but in LawBreakers you made it completely obvious. So thanks!
  • venicellovenicello
    LawBreakers Rep: 790
    Issue:

-Vanguard does not deal enough damage and has bad survivability.

Fix:

-This is because she has to stop and spin up her gun every time she wants to kill something. Let her shoot while doing other things, or at least let her keep her gun spinning while boosting. This saves her time and bullets. She might also need a straight DPS or spread buff, because right now the Hydra is a big old tickle cannon.

Issue:

-Enforcer is currently the best class in a 1v1 by a large margin.

Fix:

-Almost every individual piece of his kit needs to be tuned down in power. I'd put his EMP and sprint as particular targets, as in all of my fights with an Enforcer they were the things that changed the outcome most dramatically and most often. EMP needs to lock down things less and be less visually disruptive. Sprint needs to provide fewer benefits and recharge at a rate that falls in line with other classes (seriously, it's usable more often than Assassin's dash/grapple).

Issue:

-Juggernaut is critically underpowered in most areas of the maps.

Fix:

-Give him some extra sprint speed and let his sprint bar regenerate faster. He could also use an additional effect on his sprint, either damage reduction or a forward shield, to make him safer when closing distance.

-Possibly also give him some mildly useful ability that can hit opponents at range. Nothing too fancy, just something that lets him act as more than a slow-moving target when crossing open areas.

Awesome things about the game:

-Skillshots are so very real. Tagging an opponent with a headshot as Gunslinger or sticking a grapple kill as Assassin feels great., like you really earned your kill. Heck, even the more "accessible" classes, like Vanguard or Enforcer, have their moments of sticking a perfect EMP or doing a 180 in time to Pulsar an Assassin off your back.

-Most classes have a kit that really feels cohesive and interesting. Everything in Battle Medic's loadout, for instance, feels like an important part of who the class is. There's nothing really extraneous there.

-It's back again! You have no idea how much I have been anticipating this since the last alpha closed. Overwatch was a shoddy substitute.
  • Kin_ShurubyKin_Shuruby
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,520
    edited March 21, 2017
    Juggernaut felt underwhelming for several reasons:

-His alternate being melee looks nice but is redundant and uninspired. I wish he had some kind of dragon breath ( shotgun shell) type of launcher instead possibly with a DoT component..

- His shield is barely useful other than to block off chokes. Instead of a deployable shield I think it could stay the same size but make it more translucent and have the Jugg carry it around( a few secs) to body block and stop bullets. Would still not let bullets pass though. Kind of more like Steel in Paragon.

- His energy pool should regen as soon as you let go of the key and he should not lose so much energy just falling off a ledge.

Gunslinger

- I think he should be able to skip after TP to keep some momentum. He feels fast in combat but OOC he feels way too slow.

Battle Medic

-The hover toggle needs to go. May be just a personal preference but I hate toggles.

- The sound of the shells on main weapon is atrocious and damage is a bit too low.

- Pistol should either have two firing modes or do away with the burst, again preference but I hate burst weapons of any kind. I would rather have slower RoF if it meant no more burst.

- Heals being "point and forget" feels simply too easy but it's a minor consideration I mean I am most likely going to main Medic and I can live with the current drones. That being said games like Firefall had incredible heal skill shots I don't see why LB would have such noobish mechanics honestly. Point blank cone heals, remote detonations, timed burst, surface heal zone, etc. There are lots of way to go about making healing actually skillful I'm kind of bummed you picked the easy way out. Right now healing doesn't feel rewarding.
  • DreBakDreBak
    LawBreakers Rep: 100
    Gunslinger:
    The Issue: Not sure if this is intentional, but the diminishing returns on his warp make it hard to gauge distances. You go considerably further if you wait until the warp finishes before you use your next warp. In other words, if you mash the warp button you use all 3 and do not go as far as if you press the warp key after each warp ends.
    The Fix: If this is intentional, nothing. But if what is happening is that one warp is starting before the other finishes, this needs to be fixed.

The Issue: As stated, really dislike his left ammo count being on the gun. It actually gets blocked by the knife cooldown if you turn left quick enough. But I can see this has already been stated, mainly posting it because....

The Fix: I would just like both his ammo counts to be together. I don't care where they are, I can adjust to that. But strongly dislike having them in two different spots.

Titan:
    The Issue: You cannot tell when you are in range for his secondary weapon, and sometimes it is hard to tell if you are even hitting the enemy. Really the only way that felt reliable to tell was if you saw their health going down but it was very hard to tell if that was from your secondary weapon or something else.

The Fix: Change the hit notification on the reticle so there is some way of telling that the enemy is being hit.

Battle Medic:

The Issue: This seems like an unpopular opinion, but I thought the pistol was way too strong for a secondary weapon. Often I felt like I could almost out duel people with it.

The Fix: Lower the damage, but I would consider increasing the rate of fire or the ammo capacity in return. I don't want to feel completely useless with it out.

The Issue: Healing is too simple and easy. You just hit E and you are done. This makes it feel overpowered and boring but simple.

The Fix: I would really enjoy if healing would only occur when the target is in line-of-sight. This way there is much more counterplay to the battle medic. You can even kick one away or kick the target to outplay. I think that would really help especially at high levels.

The Good Stuff:

1. Turf Wars felt way better then OverCharge. Just enjoyed the game mode much much more.
    2. Love the anti-grav areas. And the way blindfiring will propel you and different interactions with the area. Felt like this might have been the most under utilized feature and is part of what makes Lawbreakers different.
    3. The maps all felt great, I like the different paths that you can take on each map. Especially as the assassin, it felt great to be unrestricted (all though I would gladly remove out-of-bounds for a force that pushed me back in bounds or even an invisible wall at times)
  • irishrOyirishrOy
    LawBreakers Rep: 870
    No1: Spawning in/under the floor at the beginning of a match or when joining a match

No2: Heavy lag. For example I was shooting an enemy for 2-3s (and clearly hitting my shots, as I was getting registered hit-symbols. But the enemy turns around and kills me nearly instantly. (My Internet-connection is more than fine, tho). Hm.

No3: Infinite matchmaking-cycle
  • FloatingCloudsFloatingClouds
    LawBreakers Rep: 100
    No1: if joined game while its already started you dont get the win, you also dont appear at the end with who got the highest points. The people who joined originally are shown instead.

No2: None

Good:

No 1: Love the way the maps are built and the balance of each class
  • NumbDutsNumbDuts
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,670
    edited March 26, 2017
    No1. Non-0g (regular gravity) play is way too slow. Way too slow. If you dont have a character that has boost or flight or similar, you are left in the dust, making selecting characters limited to ones that DO have boost or flight or ...
    Fix No1. You need to have original abilities (I get thats what you are doing), but all characters need to be able to play the game in both 0g and non-0g areas, not just 1 or the other.

No2. 0g Gameplay is awesome. But, you need to tone down the blowback/knockback of the weapons while in 0g a bit. In the Alpha's, it seemed perfect. In the beta, it seems like I am using 3 bazooka's at once, and going all over the screen because of it, making my aim terrible as well as putting me 3/4 of the way back where I entered the 0g zone, which means I have to go triple the time to get to the other side of the 0g zone (unless I shoot at noone backwards and fly through the 0g zone in 1/2 a second). Again, in the Alpha's it seemed better, more balanced. I love the new speed/quickness of the gameplay in 0g, but not at the cost of the blowback.
    Fix No2. Lessen the blowback/knockback of the character because of the weapons while in 0g.

No3. I HAVE to say it. There are 2 more items that I would rather say instead of this, but because of this I simply can not play the game. Colorblind mode. All the characters blend into the scenery, and enemies are outlined in red. Well, I am red green colorblind. So, this means I cant see the enemy at all. I just shoot at anybody that moves, and most of the time that is my team. I play mid-competitively (not a pro at all, but not a noob, and higher than mid level) on a couple games, that allow the enemy to be either a whole different color, or outlined in a different color, of my choosing. Some may say that this is a hack, but if EVERYONE can use it then it isnt a hack is it? I can give some feedback about not shooting the enemies (map play, graphical bugs, etc), but I cant play the game. And if I cant play the game, then I wont spend money on it. I know a few people from different forums that are also colorblind, and one that is deaf, that compete in games like this. so it isnt out of the ordinary.
    Fix No3. I asked for different hit/hurt/hurt badly/killed sounds in the Alpha (ALL characters can have the same sounds, so it doesnt take too many resources). This is one way to mitigate colorblind mode. Also, letting players choose the opponents outline color or whole skin color (or, even just parts of the player, like shoulder pads, boots, belt, hair/helmet, wrist bands, etc... It doesnt have to be the whole player skin, but it has to be enough to differentiate the enemy from the friendlies).

Thank you for letting us give our most needed/broken things in the game, even though many probably have a top 10 list.
    :P

Working great:
    Ever since I first played the Alpha, I have LOVED the 0g gameplay.
    It is unique, and it offers different mapping than the usual games (IF the devs map correctly for it, and dont make it a corridor shooter, cough cough).

I really like the speed improvement in 0g. It is fast and furious, and it makes you think about wether or not you want to take the route that is non-0g (that you know someone is waiting in the hallway to quick kill you) or brave the 0g. It is a great decision maker in gameplay, and gameplay style.

I also like that the devs here are asking for player feedback, and actually implementing it (well, some of it). Lots of devs and studio's wont even tell you what type of gameplay a game will be, and will just list off 20 things the game does, and not a single one is reminiscent of the actual gameplay. You guys and gals are about as transparent as a company can be without just outright giving us access to the daily builds and letting us play everything. A great thing to have in a company, and it makes (me anyway) want to share this game and the company to my friends and family and forums, even if I dont end up liking the end game.
  • CaféCafé
    LawBreakers Rep: 905
    edited March 27, 2017
    NumbDuts wrote: »
    No3. I HAVE to say it. There are 2 more items that I would rather say instead of this, but because of this I simply can not play the game. Colorblind mode. All the characters blend into the scenery, and enemies are outlined in red. Well, I am red green colorblind. So, this means I cant see the enemy at all. I just shoot at anybody that moves, and most of the time that is my team. I play mid-competitively (not a pro at all, but not a noob, and higher than mid level) on a couple games, that allow the enemy to be either a whole different color, or outlined in a different color, of my choosing. Some may say that this is a hack, but if EVERYONE can use it then it isnt a hack is it? I can give some feedback about not shooting the enemies (map play, graphical bugs, etc), but I cant play the game. And if I cant play the game, then I wont spend money on it. I know a few people from different forums that are also colorblind, and one that is deaf, that compete in games like this. so it isnt out of the ordinary.
    Fix No3. I asked for different hit/hurt/hurt badly/killed sounds in the Alpha (ALL characters can have the same sounds, so it doesnt take too many resources). This is one way to mitigate colorblind mode. Also, letting players choose the opponents outline color or whole skin color (or, even just parts of the player, like shoulder pads, boots, belt, hair/helmet, wrist bands, etc... It doesnt have to be the whole player skin, but it has to be enough to differentiate the enemy from the friendlies).

Welp, this is really important. Nowadays most of multiplayer shooters have different colorblind modes.
    richardboegliNumbDuts
  • richardboeglirichardboegli
    LawBreakers Rep: 200
    edited March 28, 2017
    1) Issue: Not enough people to play in local region
    Solution 1: When you do the next beta, can you please give each person some additional invite codes so they can invite friends? OCE was dead
    Solution 2: OCE region needs more invites
  • MissMurderMissMurder
    LawBreakers Rep: 2,435
    Solution 1: When you do the next beta, can you please give each person some additional invite codes so they can invite friends? OCE was dead

Thanks for the info. We are planning to open the gates a bit more next time and more key giveaways is something we've been discussing.
  • BrittalityBrittality
    LawBreakers Rep: 4,445

As more playtests are introduced, we will introduce more players into our servers. Since this was Closed Beta #1, we wanted to make this open to a selected range in order to test server stability (among lots of other things on our end). It definitely would have been a bummer to load up LB and have the servers crash where no one would even be able to play--it wouldn't have been beneficial to us or you, so that's why we sent out only so many invites.

Also friends don't let friends not sign up for the Closed Beta, so be sure to let them know to hit our sign up page to jump in on some games: http://lawbreakers.com. We'll look into to providing extra codes for players to invite friends, but for now that's the way to play.