Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

General Stash Box Feedback

Comments

• RhyfelRhyfel
    LawBreakers Rep: 540
    edited July 1, 2017
    I dislike the idea/concept of Duplicates honestly, I can see how they can prolong your game playtime but it seems dumb in every game with it.
    That being said, it would be neat if a certain bonus was awarded if you got multiple duplicates in the same Stash.
    I mentioned this to Brittality on discord, like if you get a duplicate you get [x] coins, but if you get 2 duplicates you get [x] times 2 coins (Or something like that).
    So when you get 4 duplicates you don't get as pissed of, since you got a reasonable amount of coins.
  • jigglyjugglejigglyjuggle
    LawBreakers Rep: 100
    edited July 1, 2017
    I've never been so confused about movement in my life, and I don't mean that in a good way, quite the opposite:

When I entered the game, I did NOT notice the gravity field barriers AT ALL. I've been going around fighting 2-3 dudes at the same time, trying to figure out why on **.** earth am I randomly levitating, dropping, levitating, dropping, ascending, descending, moving around like an idiot, etc.

The visibility of these barriers is MINISCULE. The source of all my frustration about this game as being a newcomer, is the **.** barriers being close to invisible. I had to make a custom game and very closely look at the barely visible wall that is supposed to indicate where the gravitational effects change. After that, it was a lot more fun.

So here's my 2 suggestions:
    1) Either in the tutorial (I'd assume at launch this game will have one, if not, it desperately needs one) very precisely point out that these barriers exist, and draw attention to how **.** invisible they are.
    2) Or make those barriers more visible.

I know there is indication whether I'm inside, or outside of these gravity fields, but that is not enough. I want to see precisely at all times where they are. Or at least when I'm getting close to them.

Otherwise the game looks fun, would have liked spending my first 10 minutes in this game not being infuriated because I couldn't tell what the **.** is going on, just because I couldn't notice the borders.
  • EyEatBulletzEyEatBulletz
    LawBreakers Rep: 630
    edited July 1, 2017
    I think I would like to see more choices of weapons for each class, and an option to enhance the stats of each weapon. I don't know I enjoy leveling things up.

Edit: sorry if this is off topic.

Back to topic, yes I love the stash box idea, would be nice if gamer could design their skin.
  • Frankie_DrumsFrankie_Drums
    LawBreakers Rep: 970
    edited July 2, 2017
    I'm over stash boxes. I realize they exist because they support the variable reward ratio, which is one of the more successful ways to exploit the human psyche and create impulsive addiction. Unfortunately, so many games have done this that many of us now know these rewards are fleeting. I can't tell you what outfits my Overwatch characters are wearing or my Mass Effect avatar has because I don't play those games anymore. Therefore my excitement on future games is dulled because I know I'l stop playing them at some point as well.
  • HazaChillzOutHazaChillzOut
    LawBreakers Rep: 515
    Just a newbie here to simply drop the suggestion of having the original Nash voice back. I think he sounds way better with a goofy voice from the first Closed Beta.
    Epoxy
  • DogDog
    LawBreakers Rep: 475
    I find it a bit odd that the character models that change how a character looks are one tier of rarity lower than some weapon skins. I mean, sure I get to see the weapon skin, but visually it's less change.

Also, the Battle Medic purple skins could probably be improved. They're arguably the least impressive of the purple rarity.
  • SkywarpGreerSkywarpGreer
    LawBreakers Rep: 200
    edited July 2, 2017
    The gold boss skins are great! https://gfycat.com/ScaryTheseFirefly
    Would like to see in game currency earned in another way though as ive played 20+hrs and only got 30c.....
  • ChefLubuChefLubu
    LawBreakers Rep: 415
    For the same reason that Overwatch equalized the amount of XP and speed at which loot crates are earned, I think Lawbreakers should do the same. Once you get closer to level 20 you rarely ever get one and it takes a lot of matches to get than next level.
  • SvedriallSvedriall
    LawBreakers Rep: 330
    I say a big NO to re-coloring anything and calling saying it's better in quality and lower the chance of getting it just for the sake of doing it. If you guys add "Boss Items" in the future, i would be utterly disappointed if i see another re-color of a weapon or skin. As a person who cares what his character looks like, please.
  • GraciousNutsGraciousNuts
    LawBreakers Rep: 740
    edited July 6, 2017
    What about a personal Characters. what i mean by that is to customize our own features ( nose,mouth,eyes,hair color)and then place that design into a class as a weapon choise. Would be funny to see a women with a beard as wrath or titan running around. #forthefuture
  • KrivenKriven
    edited July 6, 2017
    Accidentally made a super long comment and thought this was general feedback, not specifically stash box's :/
  • ShawnHalogenShawnHalogen
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,320
    • More reward for duplicates
    • More reward categories, such as, decals for combo moves (Jugg's Killer Sequence or midair kill from Medic lobber), color options for projectiles, and skins for unique character items (Jugg wall)
    • More color on those kick decals
  • RandomnessRandomness
    Guys can we just let the duplicates go? they just take away any sense of player progression, and make buying boxes less appealing, or add an option to buy skins with money, like rocket league or titan fall 2, because you really gonna hurt the sale of the stash boxes if they contain duplicates, i pre ordered the deluxe edition, i really want to support this game, but if the stash boxes are gonna be all duplicates, im not spending anything on them, and i think this will be the case with a lot of people.
  • ElenoEleno
    edited July 29, 2017
    1. Need ult (Q) notification or place it somewhere that can easy to look on the screen. Sometimes i put too much effort to shoot people and don't even know my ult was up.
    2. Need more crosshairs. Don't want to be rude but the current crosshair is cancer ( imo ).
    3. On/Off Bloom selection.
  • SsigmaASsigmaA
    LawBreakers Rep: 520
    It's less about the Stash Drops, but I can't be the only one who finds the Juggernaut skins quite boring and out of place.

The only skin that makes sense is Nash's Comrade Spankentank (props for the name) but for example the Skin Manticor or Reaktor just absolutely don't fit a Character like Nash and Aegis who are basically Droids.

And after all they all look like a slightly changed reskin of the default one (sadly). But other than adding a skip opening button the drops are all good.
  • mohamadrisingmohamadrising
    LawBreakers Rep: 300
    edited July 30, 2017
    Hi,

You must put a punishment system for those who leave the game, or create a ranked matchmaking for it for those want to play and rich to the top.

The profile pic must be removed because some of us pay for their avatars (i also paid) and I personally like to show off theme on the game (:(:

Thank you for your game and your effort
  • SkytskebroSkytskebro
    LawBreakers Rep: 300
    The game is really good. I love the fast paste elements and different classes and I'm happy that the classes are well-balanced. The only problem I have encountered is that I can't disable the scroll on the mouse. My scroll is very sensitive so it's a bit annoying if I play a character that has 2 weapons. I tried to disable it in the settings in the settings, but I couldn't find it. I removed the scroll in my mouse driver from the macro pool, but I still can't disable the scroll. Can this be fixed?
  • DualDual
    LawBreakers Rep: 310
    Lots of people here seem to think this is just a general discussion about the game and not the stash boxes in specific lol

Anyways, my two cents on the stash loot: I really like the skins and while I agree some points made here that some skins should be made to match a characters personality, I don't think goofy/meme/flashy skins are out of realm here. The entire game is filled with cheesy one liners and cringy dialogue that the devs have said multiple times is just part of their game. Nash is all about the movie references, Kintaro is a sleezy rich dude, the blitzball on its own is goofy, etc. Lots of lore isn't even integrated into the game which is why it's a little silly to me to see people talk about sticking to the reality of the game. Either way I don't mind the skins and do think some specific character themed skins would be cool. I also worry about earning loot at a higher level since XP is raised each time you level up. I also wonder how high levels will be dealt, will there be a "prestige mode" where you start your levels over, or just infinite levels or even a level cap (I hope not)? Personally I'd like some kind of prestige mode most games do with some indicator to show off your prestige level to other players. I also think stuff like daily or weekly modes or bounties that reward stash boxes would be be a welcomed addition.

Overall though I really like the skins in the game, even the low tier skins are really cool. The animated ones are real fun too, but I understand some people here don't like those. MORE SKINS PLEASE!
  • ZeniitheZeniithe
    LawBreakers Rep: 980
    I'm with Dual, where do the levels cap?
  • ShawnHalogenShawnHalogen
    LawBreakers Rep: 1,320
    So, I managed to reach level 21 during this beta. That would be 20 stash boxes, or 80 items.
    • Drop rates for higher tier items seemed pretty good
    • I only received 1 duplicate
    • I only managed to acquire 240 credits this time, compared to about 600 last beta (I was level 30 though)

My concern is that the only way I'm aware to earn credits is through duplicates and in stash boxes (twice for me). Now with much more items added, you won't really start getting a bunch of duplicates until level 40+. What happens when you max level? Are you done earning stash boxes?

Items are really expensive. If I watched the tutorials this time around, I might have enough for a lower tier skin. And that's after 20 levels. It would take forever to earn the 1600 for a top-tier skin.